Qt3 Classic Game Club: Blood

Title Qt3 Classic Game Club: Blood
Author Pod
Posted in Features
When July 17, 2014

[Editor's note: Every two weeks, we'll pick a classic game to play and discuss. Then the choice of the next game will be made by a randomly selected participant from the current discussion. It's like a book club, but with videogames. We'd love to have you join us..

Read the full article

I didn't really get into "Blood" all that much. I remember it had some cool weapons, but a very boring color palette. Everything was brown or grey, or red, lots of red. That was the trend with shooter games at the time. "Quake" was huge, but it was so boring in terms of visual appeal. "Doom" was vibrant, you had brown and grey walls and floors, but you also had blues and greens, and reds that weren't just blood. "Duke Nukem 3D" was colorful as well, and not just for the one-liners. I dunno, I disliked the 'realism' aesthetic PC shooter games were about in the '90s.

Corrections:
"before you [begin] playing"
"I don’t [know] why Monolith chose that engine."

My little girl was a riot to watch play this falling off her chair and screaming....She now handles a S&W .40 like Annie Oakley ...lol Great old title....But Doom is the master of both atmosphere and fright...And Duke Nukem 3d for Style.... lol

I live…again!

So I was looking into Build source ports yesterday so I could play Blood, and I stumbled on a new one called Raze.

I have never been able to get Blood to run exactly how I wanted until I tried this bad boy. Not only does it have perfect high resolution widescreen support (with plenty of handy extra features if you’re so inclined), but the mouse look is also flawless. No more janky, swimmy, distorted mouse aiming.

This is easily the best way to experience Blood these days in my opinion.