Qt3 DC Meet?

Brickskeller? Wow. I haven’t been there since the previous cicada outbreak. Good to see some things don’t change. I don’t know if I can make it or not yet but I’ll pipe up when I do.

Well, I’m not expecting a party. And I’ll kill a ber for man-food.

Troy

Sounds like a decent place. I should be able to make it.

– Xaroc

Wow, Brickskeller’s the only place in DC I have been. Is the plan still just an evening there? If it were a multi-day affair I could justify the drive.

I thought the plan was an afternoon meeting there around 1 PM.

– Xaroc

Yeah, I’m thinking early afternoon instead of evening.

I’ll listen to counterarguments and other ideas, but that’s the current plan. I’m not the boss, here, just the guy who started the thread.

Troy

Resurrecting this thread to advise that if the meet goes ahead this weekend, I can’t be there. Life has a way of imposing itself on you…

Troy

I think I’ll be able to make it, but I’m not 100% – the wife is making plans with her family.

Grrrr…

Since this weekend is looking kind of shakey for multiple people is anyone up for a reschedule? I still like the afternoon timeframe but maybe we can try for a Saturday in September? So what is best the 4th, 11th, 18th, or 25th? We can keep the Brickskeller as the location if that still works for everyone or I am open to wherever.

– Xaroc

Next week is probably too soon for a meet. I’m up for the 18th.

Troy

Hey, I just saw the thread. I’m in Germantown, and would be up for a meet!

I can do the 18th after 2pm…

At least, as long as the wife doesn’t make plans with the in-laws.

Can we settle on the 18th then?

Troy

18th sounds good to me.

– Xaroc

Just a friendly reminder to all DC, Maryland and Virginia people.

Saturday, Sept 18th. 1 pm or 2 pm?

Troy

Either is ok with me.

– Xaroc

I’m going to be in DC from September 27 to October 2 and I’ve got a huge list of places to see but there’s always room for one more. Can we get a QT3-in-DC Redux on the 1st or 2nd?

I should be good either 1pm or 2pm, too. Why don’t we say 2pm, with the knowledge fewer of us (me) will probably be late if we do so? (I should note that I’ve got a meeting that should be over by noon down by the Capitol, so it’s conceivable I could be there at 1, too).

We still looking at the Brickskellar?

And do we need to learn a secret handshake or something to figure out who the hell we all are?

I’m going to be tied up with work not to mention the interesting weather heading Richmondwards. Maybe we’ll have another flood downtown…

Have fun. Maybe I’ll make it next time.

2 pm then.

Good question about the ID thing. Whoever shows up first can bring a homemade sign and stick it on the table I guess…Anyone have a Qt3 T-shirt?

Brickskellar is the plan, yes.

Troy