Qt3 Front Page

Is totally different and now has about three weeks of posts from Tom on it.

Change scares me.

It took me a little while to find the Forums link. It’s so tiny.

No one else seems to have posted about it, do you all just come directly to the forums?

QT3 has a front page?

The old front page was still in my cache, so I didn’t notice until you pointed it out.

I’m not sure I approve of change.

Troy

Huh? Somewhere other than the forums?

Good lord. It has an rss feed. The falcon cannot hear the falconer!

A little drab, eh? Maybe that’s a good thing; it’ll scare off the faint-hearted.

Now just work in that cool logo somewhere in the mix, and the journey will be complete.

The old design felt a bit long in the tooth to me. This is clean and clear.

Whoa, front page is now just another Wordpress blog. That saddens me. WordPress is to blogs what Boar’s Head meats are to New York delis.

Delicious for people that aren’t in NYC? :P

The color is ghastly.

Heh.

I should clarify, lest anyone think I’m harshing on Wordpress and Boar’s Head unnecessarily: the default Wordpress skin and layout is to blogs what MacDonald’s is to hamburgers.

Seriously. Black Forest ham ftw.

I can’t form an opinion on the front page, so I’ll just go with “Eh.”

Was wondering how long it would take someone to notice.

Shrug, that’s the template Tom wanted. Won’t most everybody read through RSS anyway?

As for why the change, the old frontpage was broken since the server change and he couldn’t post there!

I love Black Forest - can’t even remember how I found it, but, Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring, is it good.

I thought Tom created a forum post for each front page entry and stickied it?Does this no longer happen?

ps: RSS! Yay.

Frontpage posts were backfilled for the past month since the server move broke the old CMS. I assume stickies will continue, although he may want talk about fidgit posts to happen at fidgit, reasonably enough.

If anyone has any technical suggestions, let me know. First time I’ve played around with wordpress, the last CMS I looked at was phpnuke in like 1999. Design criticism (ie the color is ghastly) goes to the entity. I have no artistic ability whatsoever.

Looks good to me.

The gray background says “something didn’t load” more than “conscious design choice”, but I can live with it.

It’s the ugliest looking blog on the internet (well ugly like if Wordpress was developed by the Soviet Union during the Cold War… to keep in UncleSmoothies terms it’s to blogs what Lada was to cars - it’s better than Myspace ugly, though).

But the content is what matters.

Just put up that new version of the QT3 logo and all is forgiven!