Qt3 Games Podcast: Armando Penblade and Fate Core

I’m now in the midst of planning a Fate-based “SOP.” The local RPG Meetup, RTR, organizes these larger multi-table, multi-GM “Semi Organized Play” campaigns 4 times a year for 3 months apiece, and despite the most popular one, The Contingent (a game about supernatural hunters using the Chronicles of Darkness system), moving up to 4 tables this coming year (allowing for 20 players each week), they don’t expect to be able to meet demand. So, leadership’s been not-so-subtly bugging me to start a “second cycle” of SOPs that run simultaneous to the current 4, but on different nights of the week, to offload some demand and serve different player pools.

So, erm, I decided to do that. I’m recruiting players from the Spaceward, Ho! scifi comedy game I talk about in this podcast to be my co-GMs. Currently we’ve got a big enough pool of GMs to run 2 tables a week, though if anyone else floats interest out to me, we could go up to 3. The game is actually set in that same homebrewed universe, albeit ~250 years before the game I’ve been running. It’s a prequel!

I just finished the first draft of the Player Packet, which covers setting background, character creation, a Fate rules summary, and extra, specialized rules to better convey the scifi-comedy setting. It’s damn near everything you need to run a scifi comedy game all on your lonesome!

Anyway, I’m proud of the document, even though it’s still unfinished, and figured I’d share it on Qt3 because, well, what the hell :)

Tragically, out of respect to the PC game Spaceward, Ho! I didn’t know existed when I first named this setting when I was in high school back in 2004, I have officially renamed the game Seek the Stars!