Qt3 Games Podcast: infinity and beyond

Title Qt3 Games Podcast: infinity and beyond
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games podcasts
When May 2, 2012

A Valley Without Wind developer Chris Park joins us to talk about Prototype 2, To the Moon, Age of Empires Online, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, and the rumored Xbox 360/Kinect subscription bundle..

Read the full article

Great podcast! I will totally try the demo for a valley and i think its really a good sign that small but intelligent games like dins curse, ai war, a valley and others are recognized by (at least i think so) many people. So lets go on evangelizing ;)
p.s.: whats the intro/outro song, i quite liked the bit i heard!

That's a song by Interpol called PDA. They remind me of Joy Division and I'm pretty sure that's what they're going for hehe

Ah, now i know why it sounded somewhat familliar (i know antics and our love to admire), thanks!

Interesting note: In Japan, visual novels are a much larger genre. The largest company making them calls them sound novels. I don't really think they're games, or if so they're very poor games, but they can obviously have merit as something else.

There have been rumours of one of the most highly regarded ones coming to Steam, Steins;Gate(yes, that's the title).

For now, Corpse Party is available on the PSP, 20$ on PSN I think. It had its origin in an old rpg maker in the 90s, so it's kind of similar to To the Moon in that regard. Supposed to be extremely creepy, haven't gotten around to trying it though.

ABV. Hey Tom could you post the other 9 ways to get better at a RTS? Or maybe a top 5?

Here's the actual article, Scott.

http://www.crispygamer.com/col...

Apologies for the awfulness of the site and the pop up video you'll probably get. It didn't used to be that way. :(

"8. Lose to win

One of the best ways to learn tactics is to be on the business end of
them. It's not pleasant if you're accustomed to the win-oriented
philosophy of single-player gaming, but deal. You have to think not in
terms of winning and losing, but in terms of learning. "

Single most important point in any demanding game. Not thinking of "failure" as a waste of time, but as a learning experince is paramount to improvement. It's so obvious, yet so ignored.

I have to agree with the Rock Paper Shotgun review in that I felt a lot of the elements didn't mesh. I bought the game and it is interesting, but I haven't played it since the first time.