Qt3 Games Podcast: you are a deck of cards

Title Qt3 Games Podcast: you are a deck of cards
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Games podcasts
When October 3, 2013

This week you're in for either a treat or an ordeal, depending on how you feel about recent games designed around the concept of a character as a deck of cards..

Read the full article

I need to get into Card Hunter, but I can vouch for the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game and Sentinels of the Multiverse both being fantastic. I will say that Pathfinder seems so simple on the surface that you wouldn't think it would be as compelling as it is - but there's all those cool little touches, like the way hand size both limits your potential injury and potential options. I'm a little surprised neither Tom nor Mike brought up the downloadable character sheets during the discussion about writing on the cards, though.

Asking people to pick just one hero in Sentinels really is cruel. Myself, I'd have a really hard time. I think it'd probably be Nightmist, because her spellcasting mechanic is really cool and I love her fast burn through both life and deck, ultimately refuelled by her supercool Mist-Fuelled Recovery spell that recharges both, but with other options for keeping afloat. But then I also really appreciate Tempest's strong global damage and utility cards. And The Scholar is such an amazing tank. I can't wait for Vengeance.

Best games podcast of all time, INCLUDING the ones where I was a guest! Thank you for it.

Did the podcast feed break? This is the first podcast episode from Quarter to Three that hasn't downloaded automatically.

For reference, I've been using these feeds for a while without problems:
http://www.quartertothree.com/...
http://www.quartertothree.com/...

Fixed! Thanks for pointing it out, Merc!

Really enjoyed this one, and I am going to listen to it again. I ordered Sentinels of the Multiverse sight unseen, and I will try Card Hunter. I checked out Pathfinder, not sure it's my bag. I'd love to give it a try, though.

This episode was *amazing*. Card Hunter has already devoured my soul. I'll definitely be checking out Pathfinder and Sentinels of the Multiverse, now, too.

Fantastic work, guys.

I confess that hearing you guys discuss big decks and little decks made me chuckle a bit.

Off topic but in gta5 online the player interaction cutscenes remind me soooo much of the awkward cutscenes in TSW... Not just me right!?!?