Qt3 gathering at E3: You are invited!

Yes, you. Except for Jon R. Just kidding. He can come only if all his comments are trenchant, concise, and game-related.

Also, Jobe and Trixie have to sit at separate tables. And nobody say anything political to Bob Cherub. If Brian Koontz shows up, he can wear a mask to protect his identity, like the Lone Ranger. And if you see Derek Smart, tell him we’re actually not having a gathering this year.

We had a thread on this before, but it’s not an Official Thread unless it’s started and then stickied by me or Mark. So here it is.

It looks like we’ll be meeting at Casey’s again. The tricky part is figuring out which night conflicts least with other stuff. Any suggestions?

-Tom

Is this meant to imply that I’m invited to E3?

Night of the 11th is the IGDA member party.

Edit: Might be worthwhile to meet AT the IGDA party? Just an idea.

Let’s have a “We’re not at E3 sob choke that’s alright it sounds really stupid anyway” Seattle gathering!

Tim? Anax? Jason? noun? Anyone up for it?

Sure, whenever.

Yeah well… I’m going to have a “I’m not cool enough to be at E3 or the ‘We’re not at E3 sob choke that’s alright it sounds really stupid anyway’ Seattle gathering” party… all by myself.

Not to derail a thread about E3 or anything, but… sure! Let’s do it! Where is E3 by the way?

E3’s in May sometime, in LA.

Anyone have any favorite Seattle restaurants, dive bars, or hangouts?

Matt’s in the market is all I know. God, so good.

Sure, I’m up for it. We can drink really expensive beers and pretend we blew a grand on E3 tickets.

I’m like that heroic guy in the movies who leans all his weight on the switch to get the train back on track.

Do we have to RSVP for this thing or are we just all showing up at Casey’s and hope the fire marshal doesn’t shut us down?

I’m right there with you Rywill. If people want to organize a protest gathering, do it in another thread. :D

Wednesday night?

No RSVP necessary. We’ll be just showing up at Casey’s. Supertanker’s even managed a bit of a party budget for us, so you might even get a free drink out of the deal.

Hopefully we can convince Casey’s to let us stay past 11pm. At any rate, we’ll probably retire to the Figuroa once they kick us out.

All we need to do now is figure out which evening is best.

-Tom

Well, count me in for next year. I’ll be trying my damndest to make it then.

Any evening is fine with me.

Anyone have any favorite Seattle restaurants, dive bars, or hangouts?

Somewhere in Ballard :)

–scharmers, who lives nowhere near Ballard

Count me in. E3 is overrated anyway. :P

• Alan

Maybe next year :P

Since I live in L.A. now, I figure I can come out. Where is Casey’s?

…are you sure you won’t have to be “at the gym” that night?