Qt3 gathering at E3: You are invited!

Downtown, at Grand & Wilshire if I remember right. It’s underground, but has a big sign at street level.

When’s the Sony party? Any night except that one is fine by me.

Just don’t make it the 11th. I don’t want to choose between meeting you guys in a bar somewhere Downtown (and possibly getting a free drink!) or going to Ubisoft’s party at the Playboy Mansion…

I bummed these links from last year’s posts. Surprisingly, they still work.

Casey’s Bar & Grill is at 613 South Grand (on Grand south of 6th - in the basement). (213) 629-2353 Kind of a dive, but not too bad, and it is listed in The 101 Best Bars in Los Angeles. Citysearch link.

The Convention Center is 1201 South Figueroa, so from there Casey’s is about six blocks up & three blocks over. Directions map link from the Convention Center to Casey’s.

If you are driving in, street parking is a pain around there, but most of the buildings have flat-rate deals after 6pm or so. Figure $5 to $10 for the Downtown version of a deal on parking. The most expensive nighttime lot is now the one of The Standard hotel, so stay away from that one.

I’m going to talk to the manager when I’m down there this week and see if I can arrange a later closing time for us.

How about Monday night? Will everyone be in town by then?

I think there are already 6 or 7 conflicting events that Tuesday night – Monday night might be the best time to get together before the insanity truly begins.

[size=2]Edit: I’d love to try to make this, which I guess I should have said up front. :) [/size]

Monday actually works for me, but I’ll make it regardless.

For some reason, big party invites don’t seem to be coming my way this year…

Count me in. E3 is overrated anyway. :P

• Alan[/quote]

Same

Definitely not going to be around on Monday…

I’m in. Do we want to meet somewhere at E3 the day of the party to figure out the details?

TOGA… TOGA… TOGA!!!

Not sure if I count as a QT3 regular, but I’d love to drop by. I’ll only be at E3 on Wednesday and Thursday, though.

Newbies welcome?

Monday and Tuesday be bad.

Rest of week?

Div

prefer wednesday

Seattleites: what day works the best for everyone?

Thursday, Friday, or the weekend.

Any day works for me.

• Alan

Sheesh, you Seattle people get your own damn thread!

So are there any significant conflicts during E3 on Wednesday night? Or is a Monday pre-show gathering better?

-Tom

I doubt many people from out of town will be there on Monday. I don’t fly in till Tuesday.

Seattleites… I’m starting a thread in Everything Else for us. Please move all comments about our possible future meeting there.

Now that I realize how draconian my ‘you guys get your own thread!’ looks, I should have put a smiley on that. Instead, I’ve crashed y’all’s thread.

-Tom

Wednesday works for me. We won’t be heading down 'til Tuesday*.

*[size=2]Ohwoahohoh hush hush, keep it down now, voices carry, etc.[/size]