QT3 Halo 2 Saturday April 23 9PM EST

Get your magillas ready, kids. It’s time to settle our differences like nerds. The new Halo 2 patch was released this week. It contains a bunch of bugfixes and some weapon balance adjustments. Apparently grenades are awesome again.

Patch notes

Hero Squad will convene tomorrow night at 9PM. I’ll create a private game so add me to your buddy list (Mike Cathcart) and look for me then.

Homework: List some cool game types. If anyone has custom game variants that you really like playing post them here and I’ll get them set up ahead of time. This part is extra important. Oh and if there are certain maps that are really good for your variant make sure to list those, too.

People who aren’t going to be there: what the hell is your problem?

My custom game variants:

Asshole: Team King of the Hill where every player on each team has to be on the hill for 1 minute. Naturally, the guy on each team that has the lowest time is the Asshole.

Crazy Asshole: Same as Asshole, except the Hill moves every 30 seconds.

Multiball Madness: Team Oddball game with whatever the maximum number of Oddballs is. I don’t recall exactly what the team possession time was, but it was fairly high, since possession time passes faster the more Oddballs you have.

Who knew that they added hot Japanese women touching their handhelds to Halo 2?

Patch notes

You fucker.

I don’t even have an X-Box. Why would I click on that?

Ha, this is like the Mike Catchcart equivalent of those phishing emails.

I actually have these already. I think I got them from you back in December or something. It’s a lot of fun, we’ll definitely do this.

Multiball Madness: Team Oddball game with whatever the maximum number of Oddballs is. I don’t recall exactly what the team possession time was, but it was fairly high, since possession time passes faster the more Oddballs you have.

That sounds fun, I’ll make that one tonight.

Is there a way to trade custom gametypes over Live? Can you download the current variant to your hard drive when you’re in the lobby or something? That would be cool.

People who clicked on patch notes: there’s only one way to get revenge. You know where I’ll be tomorrow night. Don’t be a Stroker Ace.

Edit: See my original post for this topic had this bit about how we needed to make fun of Stroker for not having an Xbox. Then the browser crashed because the Firefox gods love Stroker or something. But I forgot that wasn’t in there anymore when I wrote this post. So anyway, that’s how Stroker’s name became an insult for people who don’t have Xboxes or people who do have Xboxes but don’t join Hero Squad.

I am seriously thinking of packing my Xbox to take with me since I have to go to my in-laws this weekend. Thank god they at least have broadband.

I’m game.

How awesome is that? :)

If things went right, my xbox is currently sitting on my doorstep, so I may be able to join up late tonight.

Whoa… good point Robb. Is it tonight, Friday April 22, or tommorrow, Saturday April 23?

I’m in if it is saturday! I love Zombies. No nades no two weapons only (shotguns and swords) Everyone is on the red team with shotguns only. they can use vehicles(no tanks), but no grenades. One player is on the green team. They can only use the sword. when green kills a red team member that person joins the green team. Game ends when everyone is on the green team. Last man standing is new zombie.

Die U Bastard!!!
take one small board, 8 two man teams, no radar, swords only and a 50 kill count to win and you’ll be yelling out the name of this game all night long.

Oh, Halo 2, the most frustrating multiplayer FPS EVAR.

What is this, a Mike Cathcart kicks everyone else’s ass session? :lol:

Oh yeah, it’s Saturday night. Oops.

Don’t worry, I’m not very competitive in Halo 2. I had a great time with the single-player campaign but never got into mp as much as I expected to after Halo. I just like playing with people I know.

Oh yeah, it’s Saturday night. Oops.

Cool, I might be able to make that. You will all bow before my 1337 Halo2 skillz (which are technically non-existant because I suck I that game).

-gregb AKA Capt. Donut

Sorry, I’m going to be out then. I’ve got a previous engangement. :cry:

Crap. I was trying to tell you guys I had to go, when I lost my connection. Anyhoo, I’ll see if you guys are on later tonight.

That was pretty cool when we shot those guys.

Actually, legitimate coolness was attained when Shieldwolf and I pulled off the best come from behind victory of the night in that game of territories. I think we all had a good time, but we could’ve used more people. Tom, what was that lame excuse about “writing articles?” You don’t have to be shy with us, Nintendogs trailers are ok.

Tom, what was that lame excuse about “writing articles?” You don’t have to be shy with us, Nintendogs trailers are ok.

Last time I joined some of you guys for Halo 2, everyone voted to jump into games with a bunch of random folks who proceeded to kick our asses and then called us fags to boot.

Ah, good times…

-Tom

We actually won some of the games that we jumped into, and we played plenty of rounds with just the few Qt3ers we had.

Also, my mom would think it’s the coolest thing in the world if I played Halo 2 with a guy who was on West Wing.

True anecdote: one of the times I was shooting a West Wing, a bunch of the crew were backstage playing Halo 2 with each other between takes.

Figuring they might like the advice of a Professional Games Journalist and Expert, I explained that I played a lot of Halo 2 and then start telling them things like ‘You know you can dual weild that?’, ‘That’s really not the best weapon for you in this situation’, and ‘If you shoot those, they’ll blow up’.

I think I now recognize the look a grip, gaffer, or PA uses when he’s thinking ‘stupid dumbass actor’.

-Tom