Qt3 in real life

Dude, you say that as if it’s even in question. Bring it on!

Well you see, poor Daisy started off with a journal that she was itching to read but was so busy running around trying to collect Lore that she didn’t really bother. Eventually, while Daisy was collecting books, she realized she could collect spells. The spells she happened to get could prevent others from losing sanity, and one could give anyone clues, including herself. The trick was that the drawbacks to the spells were nasty…unless you were carrying a Tome, and when the game started ramping up, Daisy had collected most of the library of Istanbul.

Meanwhile, cities of the world were being literally destroyed by Lovecraftian horror monsters, but @Scotch_Lufkin had that under control with his Excalibur Legendary Artifact Sword of Ridiculousness. So while Scott was closing gates, Daisy was giving herself many, many clues. She became so ridiculously powerful with her books and spells, that when the final two mysteries of the game needed clues to be used on them, she almost singlehandedly won the game.

I think on our third mystery, Scott added a clue and we needed to drop four total in destroyed cities to win the game. Daisy handily dropped the other three.

The librarian saved the world, and I dare them to dispute that. @ShivaX was too busy dying, and Scott’s son was too busy doing whatever he was doing. Admittedly, Scott was closing gates like a maniac, but I maintain that Daisy saved the planet. It was pretty epic and when the game was over, I was actually sad to see her go.

Edit: Daisy did eventually manage to read the journal she’d been toting around the entire game, which gave her another Lore…also she was carrying a double-barreled shotgun and a sledgehammer, because you don’t screw around with the librarians.

I was mostly annoyed that right on the last turn, when it didn’t matter admittedly, some dumb monster swooped in and stole my damned Excalibur. Then we won, but I liked the idea of retiring with it. :(

Excalibur seeks out those most in need of its power to right wrongs and turn tides. Clearly, you had reached the end of your need for it, and that monster was on his way to a glorious quest wherein the sword’s strength would be greatly needed.

Awesome writeup, @Knightsaber

Pfffbt. Would have looked amazing on my mantle.

I loved that thing. It was extra cool because it came from the puzzle box my uncle had left me, which is just another way the game tells these amazing, emergant stories

Razzlesblurt Thagrinox, Sigil of Destiny, Thwarter of Demons, and 9th Level Haggleoblin Divebomber, does not disagree about the mantle comments, but felt it was necessary to prevent Rising Tide of Dark Portents, a 3rd Circle Demon of Malfeas, from ending reality forever.

LOL okay, well, fair enough. :)

Nice story, @Knightsaber! We need more that include this particular line.

My kids and wife on vacay in LA, Universal Studios, had varying reactions…

Meanwhile, an evening out w/ Tom, Christien and Fire, introducing my kids to Rockband.

Christien was terrific on vocals, and Fire, behind the camera had previously shredded on expert guitar!

That is awesome!

Yay!!!

First of all, once again @mono, I thank you for posting a gif so there is no audio available there! I’m grateful.

Next of all, here’s a picture I took from a different angle of this same event:

There’s @mono drumming with one of his kids while the other is slappin’ da bass big time. I believe that’s his lovely wife filming the whole thing…and look, just as Josh says above, there’s @fire shredding on the guitar!

I, of course, am working the camera since nobody would let me get on drums, and Tom was busy petting the cat. None of those things are euphemisms, btw, so don’t even think it.

All of this is to say, if you’re ever going to be in Los Angeles, do not hesitate to reach out to us. We’ll put together board gaming or Rock Banding or whatever to see you. We got to meet another online friend tonight named Andrew, and he said he reached out to Tom even though he felt like doing so was like a shot in the dark. (Not his words, but along those lines.)

Never hesitate to reach out. We had a blast with Josh and his awesome family.

-xtien

I have got to find a way out to LA someday.

Ditto.

Me too! :(

I’m in Seattle today, heading down to Portland tomorrow afternoon. Will be in Portland for the next week, so PM me if any of you Northwest types want to meet a Midwest QT3’er for a beer or something!

I’m out east, but report back on the eclipse!!

Where are you headed for that?

I’ll be in South Carolina for the eclipse next week, any of you around there for a beer?