Qt3 League of Leaguelets, an async paradise! (NOT related to League of Legends)

I was really left exposed when those Tangle Vines didn’t manifest.

Capitals

rob > prolix

Was that a ladder game? Likely not - I don’t remember the challenge.

[B]Capitals ladder[/B]

robthomasson    oo
ankamela        o
dave p          o
xtien           o
delirium        x
fire            x
craiggiarc      xxx

If you’d like to join the ladder, please post your intentions and then challenge one of the people already in the ladder. Once you get a result, you’ll be on the ladder!

When you win, you get a ‘o’ or lose an ‘x’ and when you lose, the opposite happens. This will represent your Qt3 ELO rating. :)

If you are already in the ladder, you can post a challenge to either or both player(s) adjacent to you at the time.

I’m in on Capitals. I challenge…Craig! AVAST YE

I challenge Fire in the Capital Ladder!

EDIT: I’m already playing agains Fire!

Battle Academy:

Thraeg defeats Ananab Tilps

A sleepy town strung along a highway through the North African desert awoke to find German tanks rumbling through its streets from the north, and seizing 4 out of 7 critical locations. But no sooner had they taken up positions than Dave’s British forces arrived to dislodge them. I deployed the main body of panzers on the open ground east of the town, and after a protracted battle aided by surprise assaults by infantry, AT guns hidden in the buildings, and heroic sacrifices of armored cars zipping into range to draw fire away from the tanks, they gained the upper hand there. But the situation was reversed on the west, where the British routed my forces and took full possession of a cluster of buildings away from the main town.

From there, they pressed the advantage by sending speedy APCs around behind the lines to capture unguarded victory locations, at one point holding a 6:1 advantage. With time now working against me, I scrambled to get back into position. My glass-cannon Marder tank was nearby and seemed to have a shot at taking out the troublesome vehicles, but missed both shots before being unceremoniously scrapped by a British AT gun. A mortar team hidden in the rocks kept my central infantry pinned down in the safety of buildings, but my remaining forces swept west, destroying a few more vehicles. I sent my own armored car to try and grab the north-central point, only for it to be ambushed by the same AT gun and destroyed at the moment it claimed the location.

As the final turn dawned, with each of us down to a bare few survivors, my Germans held only a couple central points, while the British had the north and south edges under control for a total of 5 victory locations. One of Dave’s cars made a run through the center of town, grabbing one of my points, but got ambushed before it could reach the other, where the bombed-out husk of my APC still smoldered. His other car made a dash for that point from the opposite direction, but reached it without enough remaining movement to clear the wreckage away and take the point itself. Finally, my last tank reclaimed the western outcropping, and a decimated and suppressed infantry squad managed to muster the courage to stagger out of the safety of buildings and reclaim the central intersection.

Final score, 4 victory locations to 3. Each side sustained 17 casualties. The wreck of that car holding Dave off from the north VL for just long enough proved to be the margin of victory.

DAMN YOU TO HELL HITLER

Seriously guys, this game is really good. More challengers are welcome!

That was a fantastic write-up, Thraeg!

Capitals Ladder:

annie > craig
annie > delirium

challenge to prolix!

I took both, so the 4-player game is started.

Capitals Ladder:
annie over prolix
boomers

CR:
otthegreat > Thraeg

Good game! At the end I had 221 vps to Thraeg’s 68, but his 2 giants and dragon really had me on my back foot. I managed to kill his unicorn though and then swoop in on a manticore and finish off his wizard with a magic bolt. Rematch? 201535

Also, I finally had a chance to give Battle Academy a try. I’m otthegreat on there too and think I put up a challenge at Bocage (password: qto3) for anyone else who’s playing.

So, I just grabbed Ot’s BA challenge. What scenarios make good challenges? Are they all equally good?

Good game! Surprised you risked going for the kill there rather than back off and wait for time to run out.

Joined the rematch, and I also have 201551 and 201552 open for challenges.

Glad to see you guys picking up BA!

Heh, don’t think you’d be asking that if you’d seen the text logs of Dave and me fumbling to figure out mechanics and objectives over the course of our game. All we’ve played is a full battle on Desert Encounter (which was fun and very closely contested) and the first couple turns of Road to Caen for our current rematch. We’re thinking of playing it twice, once with each side, to correct for any imbalance.

They’re all theoretically designed to be balanced and fun in multiplayer, but all you can see when choosing is a short text description that gives a limited amount of info. Based on that, I would avoid the “Invite Campaign” scenarios as they are designed to go with the demo and favor a new player that you’re introducing the game to. I’d probably also skip the Force Selection category until we’re all more experienced, as that would make for an extra layer of complications and might lead to unbalanced battles depending on what troops you each pick. So that leaves the 15-odd scenarios in the Desert, Bulge, Normandy, and Slitherine Map Pack categories, but among them I’m basically picking at random. I figure it should take a while to exhaust all of those, but if that day comes, there’s apparently a good amount of user-made maps available, as well as 30-ish multiplayer scenarios in the official expansions (I’m liking the game enough to be waffling on the expansion bundle at the current 50% discount, and will definitely grab it if it goes lower in a daily deal).

I’ve gone ahead and put up a couple more challenges (picking Desert Fort and Over the Hill scenarios), with the same qto3 password.

Disc Drivin’

rob > Joe B
rob > Dave P

Two open CR games … 201694 & 201695 …

Okay, I put up Close Combat as a challenge with the now BA standard qto3 password. I grabbed Thraeg’s Desert Fort and it looks like someone else must have grabbed Over the Hill, because I didn’t see it listed.

I just made a mess of my first turn with Ot and I’m not even sure I posted my In-game Message properly. The Bocage Village scenario looks quite explosive.

I just grabbed rob’s 201694 CR game and I have two open

Lost Cities:

TheDukester def. Prolix

Obnoxious bonus points FTW!