Qt3 Magic the Gathering Tournament

Welcome to the official* Quarter to Three Magic: the Gathering Tournament, on the new Magic: the Gathering Arena software.

* Tournament not officially sanctioned by Qt3, it’s owners or affiliates.

This is something of a trial run of a raw and unpolished new feature of a beta piece of software, hopeful everything works…

The bracket is now live and parings are posted on Challonge.

We had an odd number of participants, so I added fake a player. If no one objects I will take the role of the bonus player, with the twist that the other player gets to pick which of my decks they play against.

Important Information:

• I’m going to give us a week, until 12:00 am Eastern (5:00 am UTC) on Sunday 25th November to complete all the first round matches. But if we can complete them earlier I will start the next round early.

• There are four rounds of Swiss, so you will play all four rounds and be matched against players with a similar record. Each match will be a best of three games, Standard constructed.

• Since the arena client only supports one game at a time, each game will have to be initiated manually. We’re all on our honour to modify our decks using only our fifteen card sideboard. (Sideboards not a requirement to play)

• Altering or switching decks between rounds is both allowed and encouraged.

• I encourage everyone to streamline the process by putting their relevant information in this list of Qt3 Magic Arena Players.

• After completing your match, you can either report results yourself using Challonge or send the result to me for manual update.

• Any uncompleted matches at the cut off will be marked as a 0-0 draw. Contact me early if you think you’ll have trouble completing in time!

Instructions for setting up games in Magic: the Gathering Area [beta]:

If there’s any questions or problems, grab me on the forums or Discord. Good luck and have fun!

Managed to find my login and get back connected on Discord so I should be good there. Whoever I’m playing, message me when ready!

Never used Discord before but it’s installed and I’ve added my information to the linked spreadsheet.

I should be around most of today and tomorrow to knock out that first round match.

Exodor, you’re against me in my secret disguise as Hichard Rolt. You get to choose deck to play against, currently I have:

Pick whichever you like, but if you’d like some advice, I would suggest against Moar Draks. All the other decks should be pretty mediocre.

• Jungle Secrets is the pre-con.
  • Selesnya Conclave is the deck Wizards were giving away a couple of weeks ago.
  • Etrata Control is my attempt to make a Dimir control deck out of Guilds of Ravnica draft chaff.
  • Izzet Drakes is my attempt to make a Izzet aggro deck out of Guilds of Ravnica draft chaff.
  • Moar Draks is, in my opinion, the best deck in Standard. Do not pick Moar Draks.

I should be available anytime after 10 am Eastern tomorrow, pick your favourite time.

Interesting. I’m too late for this one, it seems, but if you do it again, feel free to invite me to the party.

I think I’ll play against Izzet Drakes.

I’m available at 11 am Eastern if that works for you.

I’ll be on in a couple of minutes.

Awesome. OK, @LockerK, let’s get this done. I just fired you an invite to be friends on Discord, too, so we can plan our match there.

I’m still tweaking so many decks, I’m really undecided about what to play!

I have all the precons, but just a couple of other decks. Some of the rest of y’all seem to have a wide variety!

I actually hit the deck limit today, but that’s because I’m constantly importing interesting looking decks from mtggoldfish and saving them into the Deck Builder. Most are not “legal” because I’m missing a ton of cards.

Calling @Stan_Slimp…you’re my match-up. Let’s do this!

@Jason_McMaster I think we’re up!

You can reach me here or Discord if you like.

Let’s go.

We’ll need each other’s user id’s to connect (both sides have to send a connect request). I don’t see yours on the spreadsheet.

Mine is charmtrap#99093

mine is Slimpshady

mine is Slimpshady#30493

Good match tonight with Stan_Slimp.

Game 1, I missed too many land drops to have a viable shot at a win, so I conceded. Game 2, sounded like Stan couldn’t find any of his creatures in his deck, so he conceded. Game 3 was a fun back and forth that could’ve gone either way, but I think I managed to get a few too many saprolings on the board and was able pump them enough to get around his apparent endless supply of Novice Knights, and was able to eke out a win.

Thanks for the games, Stan!

@delirium and I have chatted on Discord but haven’t yet been able to hook up for our match. Hopefully soon!

Yes! I need to put together my decks and stuff. I’ll get with you soon

Cool, no worries. I’m usually good about 8 or 9 CST and on until whenever.