Qt3 Magic the Gathering Tournament

@LockerK and I had our match tonight, and I won. The first game was only saved for me by the timely arrival of a key removal spell. I was playing a version of a Mono White Weenie deck that I saw online and modified to match my skimpiness in terms of the Rares and Mythics needed. It was enough to win in a mono-White mirror match, although our decks were quite dissimilar with the exception of Healers Hawk.

I also think that I take Arena a lot more seriously than LockerK, who was a good sport about the fact that I probably had at least 5 more rare/mythics cards in my deck (including a last minute second Benalish Marshal that I burned a rare wildcard on only minutes prior to our match).

Thanks for the fun match, @LockerK!

Scheduling was a bit of a chore but @delirium and I got our round 1 games in tonight. He stomped me in the first game, having both a better deck and better draw. Second game was closer, but he pulled it out in large part due to a hexproof Nightveil Predator that I couldn’t quite kill. Good games, @delirium, fun to play someone besides ye olde random opponent!

Excellent! I hope everyone’s having fun so far. There’s clearly some disparity in deck quality, but hopefully the second round will see more balanced match ups.

There’s some real life stuff going on that’s delaying the match between myself and Vesper.

I completely missed this one. Looking forward to the next one!

I’m going to be away on vacation from 11/23-12/1 in case the second round starts and people are looking for me to play.

Lost two in a row to McMaster. Missed five land drops in the first game, but it happens.

Had fun!

EDIT: I think that completes round 1

I’m still hoping to get my match in with Vesper, and since Delirium is on vacation next week, I might start round 2 a little late to try and get all the matches in.

Sorry I’ve been such a flake guys! I’ll get on the Discord server tomorrow night and try to connect with Richard.

Sorry guys I’m just going to have to forfeit my matches. Life is getting in the way too much right now! So sorry.

No worries! It happens; i hope things get easier for you soon.

No problem Vesper, hope everything gets a bit easier soon.

I’ll progress the league later this morning.

Round two match ups are now live. Shall we put the deadline as next Tuesday?

Sounds good to me. See you online soon, Hitchard Rolt!

…Perhaps tomorrow night?

Sounds good, I’ll be available on Discord for the next couple of hours if you are about.

You get to pick a deck you’d like to play against:

I’m pretty much ready to go. I don’t really feel it’s fair to pick one of the decks, since I know which ones the deck I’m planning on playing matches up better against. So I’m happy to face whichever one you choose!

@Jason_McMaster where you at?

I’m around most of the weekend

Shit, sorry, I forgot. Shall we try to get this done tonight, @Jason_McMaster?

Sure thing, I’ll be home in an hour or two.

@LockerK, I should be around most of this morning if you’d like to get our match in. I’m on discord or you can reply here.