QT3 Meetup: San Francisco Bay Area - Information

I would definitely prefer a January date as well. I am spending the 18th, my birthday, with my coworkers for our office holiday party. I’m pondering just shifting the festivities to the 19th.

December is just too darned busy.

How about we do a Book of Eli release day party? It seems like the appropriate thing to do.

We’re working on booking a theater for a friends and family screening. I’ll keep you guys posted, we have some calls and emails out.

Not enough room in the new ChogglePad? :) It would be cool if you guys could hook up a one-nighter at the Clay Theater over on Fillmore, that place is ooooold school.

You and I can have the worlds loneliest Qt3 meetup on (H)Ven.

Excellent!

I’ve called around to a lot of the 1 screen theaters in SF starting back in October. They’re REALLY hard to book! Since they’re popular with locals for film festivals and private events, they book up months in advance :( I had my heart set on the Castro theater for awhile and they were really excited when I came to them with the idea. Then I told them the date (back in October, mind you!) and they laughed and said they were booked through the end of March!

bump for great justice!

People still interested in doing something?

An informal karaoke meet might be in the works for the evening of Friday, Jan 22. I’m not saying that Mike Sofaer and I will be doing a Justin Timberlake/Christina Aguilera duet, but I’m not saying we won’t, either.

I’m down for the 22nd! I might be on the late side (have to put the wife to bed first), but hey, that’s when the best karaoke happens!

When and where? I’m a terrible backup singer, but for this, I’ll be even worse.

Personally I’d prefer something towards the south bay, but if that’s not feasible, I can probably make it to the city if need be.

shift6 and I had planned on here in the city… Most likely at the Mint. I’m going there tonight and will talk to the bartenders or owners or whatever to find out what I need to do to reserve a table or two for that night.

It’s a fun venue, and the Qt3-ers laid some karaoke smackdown the last time that we went out to sing. Of course, I lay karaoke smackdown on a regular basis (see internet handle for further bragging). If I can get an estimated headcount by next weekend, that would be fabulous.

E5, WHICH DAY?

Friday night?

We should do this bimonthly.

I think that is a fantastic idea, Mike.

This Friday?

Anyone coming up the peninsula that wants to carpool (read: pick me up), and doesn’t stay out late? PM me…

Are we doin’ Book of Eli or what? I loathe karaoke with every fiber of my being, but I’m still pumped about that movie.

I’m not real big into singing myself at karaoke (and all of you should be thankful for that), but I don’t mind it so much when those who do have reasonable talent. I enjoyed the evening the last time we were there for it.

Mike, I’m totally up for making this a regular thing. There seem to be enough of us around here to make that totally reasonable. Perhaps we could alternate north and south bay locations? In particular, that’d help the folks coming up from Santa Cruz and such.

So we’re talking about the evening of the 15th? Isn’t there a release party for Eli that night?