Qt3 member posting statistics: Thread Starters

I am curious about who starts Qt3 threads, so I recorded the authors of all Qt3 threads (with at least 153 total posts as of September 27). To produce the statistic, I tallied the number of authorings and divided by the total number of posts the author has made. The statistic is converted to percent form, so someone with a 10% result has 10% of his posts being new topics. I’m listing both the most frequent thread starters and the least frequent thread starters…

[size=5]Most Frequent Thread Starters:[/size]

#1: benj - 29.6%
#2: AIM - 21.3%
#3: Sharpe - 19.7%
#4: Woolen Horde - 18.9%
#5: Cleve Blakemore - 14.5%
#6: MrAngryFace - 14.4%
#7: Ignatius P. Reilly - 11.7%
#8: Peter Olafson - 11.6%
#9: King Lupid - 11.1%
#10: Kitsune - 11.1%
#11: Midnight Son - 10.8%
#12: Gary Whitta - 10.6%
#13: mudpuppy - 9.69%
#14: Daniel Morris - 9.40%
#15: Jupiter Jones - 9.09%
#16: Erik - 8.16%
#17: DavidCPA - 8.05%
#18: Dirt - 8.03%
#19: Jason Lutes - 7.86%
#20: awdougherty - 7.78%

AIM I knew about, but benj (189 posts, 56 authorings) stealing the show is a surprise here. Its notable that noone above Dirt’s 822 total posts is here. Frequent posters would go crazy if they had to track all of the threads they were starting, so they don’t start many. Also note that three of the Qt3ers are political agents… #5 Cleve Blakemore, #11 Midnight Son, and #14 Daniel Morris.

[size=5]Least Frequent Thread Starters:[/size]

#1: olaf - 0.00% - 344 posts
#2: Warlord of Mars - 0.00% - 205 posts
#3: Bernie_Dy - 0.00% - 183 posts
#4: Guestacy - 0.00% - 169 posts
#5: bago - 0.00% - 168 posts
#6: Squirrel Killer - 0.00% - 153 posts
#7: Alan Au - 0.25%
#8: Idar Thorvaldsen - 0.27%
#9: Dave Markell - 0.36%
#10: Brad Grenz - 0.40%
#11: Sparky - 0.51%
#12: Desslock - 0.64%
#13: Oppressor - 0.66%
#14: Charybdis - 0.71%
#15: Guido Jones - 0.82%
#16: Moore - 0.87%
#17: Roger Wong - 0.97%
#18: Ergo - 1.05%
#19: deanco - 1.06%
#20: Ben - 1.08%

Some real shocks are here. If you ever see an Alan Au thread, take a fucking snapshot of it. 806 posts, 2 authorings. Brad Grenz is perhaps even more extreme: 1742 posts, 7 authorings. Remember that Roomba thread Sparky started a while back? One of only 4 authorings among her 788 posts. I don’t recall a single Desslock thread, which is apparent in his mere 10 authorings among his 1553 posts.

What are you some kind of bored mathematician? :)

Or, even worse, a statistician?

(“We have a mathematician, a different kind of mathematician, and a statistician.”)

I just wanna slug the bastards starting the annoying “I don’t know what to talk about, so let’s make this vague generic thread about just cause we can” threads. We’re just a heartbeat away from a thread called “Best/Worst Gaming/Movie/Book Experience You May/Or May Never Have Had (Elect Clark in 04.)”

I’m a political agent, muwahahah! Of course, I like games, movies, books, tv, sports, hardware, etc too…

{Putting on my Zebra Suit}

{Throwing an Orange Flag}

{Running to the Middle of the Field, Turning on my Microphone, and making a Hacking gesture with my arms}

Referee Brian: Personal Foul, on #4 (Woolen Horde). 15 yard penalty. Second down.

That trend is collectively known as McTopics, per the injured party, Chet.

That trend is collectively known as McTopics, per the injured party, Chet.

Except that Chet’s never actually once used the term “McTopic”.

Didn’t he say “I wanna” . .not actually doing something? or can you get into trouble for even thinking something…?

::oh sorry I kinda forgot Iraq.::

You’re right. I wonder how Chet deceived me. He must have jumped on the McTopic bandwagon or something.

The esteemed Andrew Mayer had the first usage of McTopic.

Hrm…153? That seems like an odd cut-off…

Oh, now I see, you’re out to get me aren’t you? :wink:

Hrm…153? That seems like an odd cut-off…

Oh, now I see, you’re out to get me aren’t you? :wink:[/quote]

LOL. No, it just looked that way. Coincidences do happen.

On August 12 my statistics thread required 130 posts to qualify.

On August 27, 138

On September 12, 145

On September 27, 153

On October 12, 160

On October 27, 168

Soon afterwards the structure changes (moves from 7.5 additional per half month to maybe 3.5 or 4 additional). As you can see, you just got caught up in the pattern ;).

Man, I’m like Mr. Median. It’s been so long since I made one of the Koontz Lists of Wicked Extremez!!

can’t you make a “least remarkable posters of qt3” McTopic so I can finally have my day in the sun?

[quote=“Brian_Koontz”]

You’re right. I wonder how Chet deceived me. He must have jumped on the McTopic bandwagon or something.

The esteemed Andrew Mayer had the first usage of McTopic.[/quote]

I take full responsibility:

http://www.quartertothree.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5191&highlight=

Are you trying to send some kind of message to the Tom/Mark entity?

I say fuck a lot, that’s my only Koontzian listing.

I wonder when the “list of people who appear on lists most often” will be released?

I have good reason for that. Despite lurking for the better part of two years, I come across as being one of the ‘new users’. I’d rather contribute to threads than act like I own the place or something. I’ll pay my dues.

I vote for giving the place to Warlord of Mars. What do you say, Tom and Mark Entity?

Fuck, I was doing well not making any lasts :/

That’s a damn fine reason. Sure a lot better than “What do you mean, ‘There’s a New Topic button’?”