QT3 Missing In Action?

Sorry, didn’t mean to drag this into a discussion of political effectiveness. I’m just personally of the opinion that one 2-minute phone message left on your senator or representative’s voicemail is worth about three lifetimes of arguing politics on an online forum.

As a combat flight sim fan, I’m able to keep game discussions focused on games. Because that genre is full of right-wing nutjobs (like the guy on Sim Outhouse who moved his FSX videos off YouTube onto a site that hosts Alex Jones videos as a political protest). So yeah, I keep my game forum talk to games. If I thought I had a snowball’s chance of curing these guys of their reprehensible views, I’d take some responsibility to do so. But at my advanced age, I have come to the conclusion that fixing stupid is nearly impossible.

… and I love you for it. I’ve been anxiously waiting on more Time Pilot screenies and comments from Anklebiter.

I’m dying to play that! Should be a nice improvement over the last game that let take on MiG-21s using a P-51…

Anyway, back on track, I’m glad to hear some people returning from their sujoin away.

That being said, anyone ever get chills when someone bumps a super old thread, and you have no idea who anyone at the start of the thread is or was? It’s like walking into a museum but without the helpful placards that explain what’s going on.

This one comes to mind, since it was bumped recently.

It’s always fun when a super old thread is bumped and you read someone’s post with a really good idea or opinion - you look who it is and lo and behold(!) is was you 10 years ago :).

Sometimes that happens with my own posts from a long time ago. And sometimes it’s more like “What is this person talking abo…oh that was me”.

edit: Somehow I missed the part where you said ‘it was you’.

Since we’re talking about old threads/posts, I’m going to point out, as I do every few years or so, the greatest post ever made here at Qt3, Cathcart’s defense of the Library level in Halo:

We’re … you … how can we ignore this one?!?

The Iconic Whitta thread. NSFW

Hey, if you’re into swapping poopy pants, I ain’t gonna kinkshame. Not my thing though.

I was kinda joking. It became the moniker for Garry for a while after that. Up until his rising superstardom.

Oh I well remember the glory days of Whittacism. While he may be the best movie writer that graced our presence, I think we’ve had better posters, personally.

I just want to clarify that gman was not an alt-right poster. Alt-right and Republican are certainly bedfellows these days, and its an ugly ugly state of affairs. But I still think it’s a distinction worth making, at least for the time being. I don’t have very high hopes for the future.

Anyway, as I said, if anyone wants to discuss the particulars of gman further, I honestly don’t mind, but I’d prefer you bump one of the existing threads so I at least know you’ve read what I’ve already said on the matter.

-Tom

Not sure that’s fair to Tom. He had a no-win situation to resolve. I’m not going to fault someone for trying to live up to his stated principles.

I wasn’t making any particular effort to be fair there. The correct solution was absolutely clear days before the final call was made.

There is more to my reply than that, but it would be best suited for one of the gman-related threads Tom is begging us to take this vein off the discussion to, and I don’t have any particular desire to visit that part of the Qt3 experience quite so soon.

Yeah I have zero interests to revisit that. I read one post which just ensured my break needed to be at least 2 weeks. This MIA and the fires is the reasons I decided to try again and let the world now I’ve not died yet.

moved to an appropriate thread

Thank you. And I would invite anyone willing to wade into P&R to join the conversation after the linked reply. It would be helpful to all of us trying to moderate to get your input.

-Tom

No, not all all, I thought it was funny then. But your comment worries me. Too? Did something happen I missed?