QT3 Missing In Action?

Hi, folks.

I appreciate all the messages of support and concern; that meant a lot to read over the last couple of weeks.

I didn’t really want to pull a wumpus and dramatically announce I was taking my ball and going home, but on the other hand, certain elements of the administrative response to the gman situation made me strongly reconsider my longtime membership and support of the forum. Not to mention, I just recognized that the level of emotional drain all that was causing me wasn’t really a healthy use of my time or energy leading up to a very busy time in my personal life.

I’m still honestly fairly unsure of where I stand on this going forward. I did love the community at large’s response to the situation, and am glad that so many took a far stronger view than administration did, but at the end of the day, this is Tom’s living room, and that’s a place I feel a little less certain of spending time in now than I have at any point in the last decade plus of posting here. That might well be more a reflection on me and my issues than anyone else, and I wouldn’t argue with someone who felt that way :)

That said, I’ve missed the majority of y’all a ton, and life is finally settling back down. We’ll see where it goes, I suppose.

And, yes, I am giving things a shot in The Other Place, as well. I don’t view it as a competition to be won or anything. More just figuring myself out and where I fit in best and where my time can and should be spent.

Alright, that’s already eight times longer than I ever wanted to be. God Emperor out :)

Great to hear from you. To thine own self be true.

I love you man. I am doing the same. If the end result of the ahem -unfortunate incident- is that we have more online friends and more places to chill, then maybe thats a win. Or takes the edge off the -unfortunate incident- :)

Anyways, you rock.

I’ve got this weird brain thing where I seem to be able to support a presence on one forum at any given time. I like BF and all the folks over there, and I try to post over there now and then, but sometimes I feel like I’m stringing along this other girl while I maintain a relationship here with this one. OK that’s a bad analogy but it’s all I got right now.

I liked BF for the most part, but they didn’t like me. :)

I mean, you were single-handedly responsible for the 2009 financial crash, Boomer Scum ;-) <3

With you gone I miss insight like that.

Just remember, only one forum supports your eventually rise as a secular God Emperor. I doubt the other forum would do that.

Dude, at least post in the Cooking forum. You can ignore the politics if that makes it more palatable.

I understand how you feel. That issue is not settle for me either, and it’s not even in the background. I think about it every time I look at this board.

I thought about the other place too, but I don’t know anyone there. I’m more likely to vanish from gaming board entirely than try and find another. I spent decades not participating in anything social around my top hobbies.

I do miss you. It feels really… different without having you around Armando, but I understand the feeling.

No desire to derail anything, but what the hell happened? I feel so out of it; like there’s this big event I’m supposed to be aware of relating to this board, but I honestly haven’t got a clue. Can someone point me in the right direction?

I recommend against it, but if you must know, read the most recent thread about the ignore feature, then the one where wumpus said he was leaving (which I think got moved to P&R?).

As with a few of us, one foot in peanut butter and one foot in chocolate seems to work, meaning, " ¿porque no los dos?" As with any decision, take some time. There is no rush to leave either place, the community at each would love to have a member like you, Armando. And personally, I miss your food and other posts here, a lot.

🎵🎵

God Emperor come back, any kind of fool could see
   There was something in everything about you
   God Emperor come back, you can blame it all on gman
   [Name redacted] was wrong, and we just can't live without you!

🎵🎵

I strongly suggest not reading that thread!

Anyway in short, we had an alt-right troll in P&R and it turned out he worked for an alt-right publication, although he wasn’t paid to troll. He was very polite and engaging and had actually had lunch with Tom, although Tom didn’t know his background, so it took too long to ban him.

Well now I’ve got that song stuck in my head, though I was so sure it was Little River Band it’s apparently some group called Player. Never heard of them.

I was wro-ongand I just can’t live without you!

You missed the part where many of us recognized that he was a troll, told you he was a troll and should be banned, but we were ignored.

Some of us even took to reporting his posts, but were told to stop it.