QT3 Missing In Action?

He shouldn’t have been banned, and it was your fault that he was. ALL OF YOU.

No! No! Only the eyes of a chief may see the Ee’d Plebnista.

He was a troll, however. Just sayin’.

Glad to hear from you! Spend time wherever it makes you happy, as long as it’s here :-)

Well there was also the part where he subscribes to white supremacy but hey we’ll overlook that here. his polite shtick was also complete bullshit.

I thought “took too long to ban him” basically covered that.

And Nesrie, “alt-right” covers that too. I see them as synonymous.

I say… Let sleeping trolls lie! Don’t beat a dead troll. That’s trolling under the bridge?

In any case, let’s maybe just move on and not keep the fight going, now that it’s in the rear-view.

That sounds healthy and realistic. I second your excellent thoughts.

It’s not a rear-view mirror sort of situation. People did not leave because of one guy that eventually got banned. If that’s what others think… they’re not listening.

That is what I thought, the poor response to that one guy. What else is a problem, in your opinion?

No. The trust has already been lost. I see no reason to extend it again. I left before he and his little friend, made up or otherwise got banned, and some left after that it looks like. All I am saying is anyone thinks gman’s banning somehow solved everything… it’s no wonder some are still baffled.

I’ll not turn our MIA topic into a new round of MIAs, but no… nothing solved. This is not water under the bridge by any stretch of the imagination.

OK. If you want to discuss in PMs, I’m open. I’m not being intentionally obtuse, I just really don’t know what you’re referring to.

It’s water under my bridge. I’m just glad things are back to normal.

There is no normal without God Emperor Ragey McRageface!

Trolls regenerate though. The only sure way is to burn it with fire. Lots and lots of fire.From orbit.

If you don’t want me here, just have the guts to say so.

He meant Armando.

I don’t mean to speak for @ArmandoPenblade and @Nesrie but I think it was managements willingness to allow GMan’s continued existence on the site that is the problem.

For many on QT3 allowing him to post his thoughts and ideas once they were known was the problem. When he was finally banned it like closing the barn door after the animals had left.

My apologies. You’re right. This is a reference to something posted above and not my anger at this situation.

I for one am glad you are here.

As I see it, the problem was that this person was polite and engaging while saying awful things, and the rules didn’t cover that very well. That’s where moderation fell short, we know that now, and will be on guard if it ever happens again. I don’t think it will, as it never came up before.