Qt3 Movie Podcast: 3x3: freaky hands and claws

First a little talk about The Oath, Parasyte, and The Favourite. Then we try to get a grip on our favorite freaky hands and monster claws from movies.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/12/31/qt3-movie-podcast-3x3-freaky-hands-and-claws/

Uh-oh. I think I did it wrong.

Assuming/hoping this chap made it on…

A smart listener fulfilled your wish here. A dumb podcaster–that would be me–confused him with Harold Perrineau. So embarrasing.

-xtien

“Get your ass to Mars.”

Well, you certainly did something right for me, my friend:

-xtien

-Tell me about the shooter.
-He’s fast. Strong. Had a metal arm.

Oh my gosh, is that a screengrab from War of the Worlds in the header? I looooooved that movie as a kid.

It seems like Dingus debuted a new laugh at the ~10:25 mark. Kelly’s anime synopsis unleashed it.

Yeah. Uh. Sorry about that. My son hates that when we’re watching movies. Because it basically fills the theater. I can’t help it. I’m just not good at damping down laughter. During the Spider-verse movie he said, “You know everybody can hear that, right?”

-xtien

“This could literally not get any weirder.”

The Machine Girl:

Batman Returns:

Evil Dead:

Or, if you prefer, the more modern version:

That sounds like you’re talking about the regular one. I meant it sounded like a new tone. Like your throat bought a new amplifier. I could appreciate the band’s new direction while still loving the classics.

Schmaltz…levels…in Parasyte Part 2…have…killing int…ent…err…or…

A film with Peter Lorre is more modern than a film with Conrad Veidt? Not by too much, I would wager :)

“I am afraid you will find the conversation a trifle one-sided. Senor Ugarte is dead.”

In the same way that Keith Richards is younger than Kirk Douglas. It’s all relative

Haha, got it. I’m so used to thinking of Veidt as the heavy from Casablanca that I forgot he had a career in the silent days.

Are we now into great-grandpa movies?

I did not bother to write in, because I thought everybody’s top pick would be Edward Scissorhands… Disappointed.