Qt3 Movie Podcast: 3x3: our favorite no's

This week’s 3×3 is our favorite instances of a character saying no. Preferably in yell format. We also talk about The Big Sick, Sweet Virginia, and Howard the Duck.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/12/12/qt3-movie-podcast-3x3-favorite-nos/

Does this one count?

Also, this one is technically a “yes”, but I think it should count because it feels like a very emphatic “no”, as in “don’t do that, don’t question me, don’t be stupid”.

Excellent! But Dingus did specify the word “no”, so I’m guessing you will be issued a citation.

-Tom

I’m going to get pulled over for this, but the best “no” in all of media is Aisha Tyler’s Lana Kane, all the time. I’m sure there’s a Youtube supercut somewhere.

The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood. And when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up around their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout “Save us!”… and I’ll whisper “No.”

Sexy Beast is full of great no’s from Ben Kingsley. So many no’s.

and:

“I’m just gonna have to turn this opportunity down.”

“No, you’re just gonna have to turn this opportunity yes.”

You guys talked about Bespin so I looked it up for more information. Is this true?

“The Ugnaught city of Ugnorgrad also was located over the planet, being ruled by King Ozz in the time after the Battle of Endor.”

Also, Isla Fisher’s name is pronounced EYE-la. According to Wikipedia.

Tron - Flynn “flying” the Recognizer over the cliff with Bit saying “nononononononono!”

I was really surprised when I read your email, Chris, that this wasn’t on there. Since I believe you called “dibs” on this pick.

Nevertheless, your picks were great as usual, and led us to a discussion about Se7en that I thoroughly enjoyed.

-xtien

“He’s a nut-bag! Just because the fucker’s got a library card doesn’t make him Yoda!”

No!

It’s one of my favorite moments, but this wasn’t “three favorite negations” now was it? I will say I love quoting this line–it is particularly helpful that I am a father to a son–so I’m letting you off with a warning.

Now go on your way and think about redemption.

-xtien

“Before we get started, does anyone want to get out?”

luke

marce

I had it all typed out but I wanted to stay true to the spirit of the topic which was for more yelling of “no”.

How did I agonize over my list so long and not notice that I’d picked three movies from SNL alumni? Is there a German word for when you’re a little impressed but kind of ashamed by your own behavior?

I love that about you.

-xtien

“None of you seem to understand. I’m not locked in here with you. You’re locked in here with me!”

17353144_10154527958807865_8390930327570756207_n

I was so close to choosing Lucifer’s Hammer for the “books that should be movies but aren’t” topic. Then we could have had more Niven/Pournelle references in the 3x3!

-xtien

Lucifer’s Hammer and Footfall. Then you can OD on Niven/Pournelle references.