Qt3 Movie Podcast: 3x3: parades, marches, and group protests

Exactly. It’s just an example of how Alex Garland wasn’t at all interested in the book. The hypnosis stuff is a major part of the character interaction, and the sense of betrayal and control, and it’s nowhere to be found in the movie. Also, no Crawler. What kind of Annihilation adaptation doesn’t include the Crawler? One that has no interest in the book.

I guess there is that one cut from them entering the area and losing track of time. That was in the books, but after the initial use in the movie, there was none of that sense of being lost in time and space.

Yes, so glad you mentioned the score! The music was fantastic, and it did a lot of the heavy lifting for making the mutated world feel weird and disturbing. I loved that music. That was the one part that lived up to Under the Skin.

I’m now intrigued by your Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture comparison. I petered out after discovering it was just another walking simulator with ghost cutscenes. I wonder if I should just suck it up and power through that?

How I have gone through fifty years of life and never encountered this wonderful word?

-Tom