Qt3 Movie Podcast: A Cabin in the Woods

You think you know the podcast. Actually, you pretty much do. This week we all love A Cabin in the Woods. Then we get to serious cussing for our 3x3 of favorite uses of profanity in a movie. It starts at the 43-minute mark if you want to skip Cabin in the Woods spoilers.

Next week: Contraband

If In The Loop doesn’t feature heavily in the 3x3, you guys are crazy. Also Lebowski.

Lebowski is great for the wealth of STFUs, but I was trying to stay away from the eff word this time.

-xtien

“Oh these fucking zombies. Remember when you could throw a girl in a volcano?”

Actually, I was more thinking about the great interplay between the copious explicit profanity and the frequent euphemisms (“johnson”, “coitus”, “special lady” etc) But the f-bombs are great too.

The Stranger: There’s just one thing, Dude.
The Dude: And what’s that?
The Stranger: Do you have to use so many cuss words?
The Dude: What the fuck you talking about?
The Stranger: Okay, Dude. Have it your way.

Here’s the REAL question:

Who swears better - Peter Capaldi in In The Loop, or Ben Kingsley in Sexy Beast?

I’m giving the edge on using actual swear words to Capaldi, but overall crowning Kingsley as victor for his ability to say the word “YES!” in such a way that it makes me think he’s saying a swear word.

-xtien

"You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens, Larry? THIS is what happens when you find a stranger IN THE ALPS. "

Ah. Well that’s something else entirely. My favorite being…

“Let’s get those funsters!”

-xtien

Not quite a movie, but Arrested Development did a great gag where they cut the f-word in two, and the latter segment before the former. I don’t remember the exact line, but you first get something like “-cking $6000 dollar suit!” and then about ten minutes later “I’m sure you’re jealous of my fu-”. It’s sneaky.

What’s the funsters line from?

Huzzah for the “In The Loop” recognition. But while “Fuckety bye” is awesome, it’s not quite as awesome as “You are a boring f-star-star-cunt.”

My god, you put together a 3x3 about profanity and you can’t bring yourself to say the actual word? Fucking weak.

Also, Arrested Development had so many punny ways to get around profanity. I loved the bit where I think Gob is planning to take the family boat, called the Seaward, out. Michael say something about the family needing to get rid of the Seaward as their mother is walking by, and she says “I’ll leave when I’m good and ready.”

You selfish country music loving lady.

Also, I am so sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!

Lethal Weapon.

Riggs also says, “Let’s get the flock out of here,” but that’s not a TV edit.

-xtien

“The same albino jackrabbit son-of-a-bitch who did Hunsacker.”

Yeah, the hard ‘c’ there is genius.