Qt3 Movie Podcast: Ant-Man and the Wasp

This episode brought to you by Goggins’ Tacos.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/07/16/qt3-movie-podcast-ant-man-and-the-wasp/

Goggins Tacos was great.

I forgot to mention this when I wrote in but I laughed when he Pyms return from the Quantum world and the ship is going to hit Hope and Lang transforms to move her out of the way while allowing Ghost to get hit, launching across the lab.

The movie felt short on heroics to me.

I wanted the Goggins Tacos commercial at the end to keep going on into infinity. Every second it continued, it got better and better. To quote Kelly’s Expendables 2 review: “I was laughing so hard, I thought I was going to have to be hospitalized.”

Someone has to make a fake website for Goggins Tacos with Kellywand’s commercial being a part of it.

gogginstacos

@joex111, you are f**king awesome!!!

Dude, you just made my week. So awesome.

-Tom

Thank you! I just tried to do justice to Kelly’s vision. :)

I can’t see the title of this movie and not hear it like it’s a morning zoo show. “Welcome to K103 in the morning with Ant Man and The Wasp.”

You’re thinking of Ant-Man and the Douche.

Well, I’m certainly picturing Kroll and Besser.

These last two posts have made me very, very happy today.

Although I am more of a “Thought for your Thoughts” kind of man.

-xtien

“They were in the bathroom a looooong time…Come to my window…”

RE: what changed in the writing, they were working from the Edgar Wright/Joe Cornish screenplay, and you can definitely feel that in its construction - Wright builds setups and payoffs with almost machine like precision, while this one’s a lot messier.

On old friend got to be one of the SWAT team members in this movie. That seems kinda fun. I’ve never been anywhere they have casting calls for extras.

Wait, which movie did Edgar Wright work on, this one or another one?

The first one, infamously so, since he was the one who brought his take to Marvel and then was fired/left when the now defunct creative committee started meddling and threw out the script for their in-house version that he wanted nothing to do with. And then Reed came aboard and Paul Rudd put his foot down and they went back to working from the Wright/Cornish draft that Rudd initially signed up for.

At least that’s what I picked up from the press coverage. There was a lot of back and forth on that one.

Thanks to @joex111 for the logo!

@sinnick, You are incredible. That is… beautiful.

Oh my. That was…very special. The “Where’s the baby?” voice match is particularly choice.

-xtien

That was the best thing since Jaws.

-Tom