Qt3 Movie Podcast: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Hey guys, wanted to say that I just finished watching Hardcore Henry at the Fantasy Film Fest here in Munich and actually really enjoyed it. I heard it's getting a wide release in the U.S. (the director did a Q+A after the movie) and I hope you will do an episode about it. I think that it is stylistically interesting and the fact that it is the director's first feature length movie is impressive.

Thanks for the great content, keep casting that pod!

Yep, we're definitely on board for that one! I think it's two weeks out for us because of the German release.

I have never been a superhero movie fan until BvsS. I was literally blown away at the realism of this movie. I agree with AndyCC re the metahumans video etc.

I am a HUGE game of Thrones fan and it kind of reminded me of that, esp with the ending.

I can see where some may not have liked the realism and grittiness (esp those with younger children) but for some of us, the Marvel style was a real turn off.

This hit the nail squarely on the head IMHO.

Now I want the Directors cut mentioned below.

We watched the first hour of Bat v Super and had actually given up. It’s in its Netflix envelope about to go back. I see from some of the comments here that it picked significantly later on though… should we extract it and soldier on??

“The Death of Superman” (2018) animated is coming soon. Looks like they’re trying to retell BvS DoJ in animated form with New52 clothes. The art style is very sparse and not very gritty though–old Bruce Timms Batman TAS was grittier.