Qt3 Movie Podcast: BlacKkKlansman

Ryan Eggold was quite good on the Blacklist.

I thought it was jarring to go from what was a mostly upbeat ending to something very dark and very real. It’s not the choice I would have made. I would have preferred the movie end right when they hear the knock on the door. While not a fan of the epilogue, I did find it powerful.

Washington famously screamed, “WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME?” when he was poised over the King of England with his fist raised. Which probably confused the latter since he and Washington also had the same name, plus he was nuts huh.

Unrelated, but, just like Independence Day, I feel like wooden teeth are due for a resurgence.

SPOILERS obviously.

I admit I don’t know much about your country’s internal failures, but I’ve already heard about that infamous Charlottesville story because of youtube recommendation algorithm.

It turned out that a guy, name’s Shaun, who makes tons of videos debunking popular alt-rignt myths with his very dry sense of humor, did a couple of movie related videos, they became popular, youtube did the rest. That’s how I’ve seen Shaun’s very sad Charlottesville video (the link below).

So the movie ending hit me hard. I didn’t expect that, like at all. But I don’t find it that manipulative or heavy handed. I think desperate times bring desperate measures. More over, Spike Lee should push further and add more racially charged footage there, I’m talking about this specific moment (42m 18s):