Qt3 Movie Podcast: Closed Circuit

Title Qt3 Movie Podcast: Closed Circuit
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie podcasts
When September 2, 2013

We know you didn't see Closed Circuit, but listen to this week's podcast for details of how you can support the podcast while simultaneously choosing a movie for our September 30 episode! Plus a little talk about Getaway, in which Ethan Hawke drives Selena Gomez around

Read the full article

Saw You're Next this week, and I was one of three people in my theatre. The other two spoke in hushed tones for the first half hour till they left despite my pleas to be quiet. I was on the verge of getting a manager, but I didn't want to miss anything. I can't stop listening to that song, though.

I was one of those people who watched No One Lives, and thought about putting a couple of those kills on my list, but didn't want to spoil it for any others. It was sooooo good. The bowie knife to the neck was one of my favorites. I saw it coming, and I couldn't look away. Another great one I didn't include on my list is a certain character's end in Red White & Blue. I was never really into horror until I started reading your site, and now it's getting under my skin as a genre, and I'm not sure whether to thank you or curse you. :)

Oh I definitely watched Zombie Massacre before I donated. And no, Kelly Wand, I haven't tossed the movie. Not yet anyway. Although, now I know what I'm going to vote for in the pledge drive.

It's not a bike pump, it's half a bike . Here's a clip I found on youtube. Alice Cooper never looked creepier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

Are foreign language films with no subtitles eligible for the pledge drive?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L... gave me some good ideas, too.

What the heck kind of foreign language film doesn't have English subtitles? That's un-American.

But everything is eligible! That has a running time of under five days.

I think you just opened the Shoah door with that comment Tom.

Although I really do love listening to you guys sort-of-deconstruct movies, and I don't think there's any doubt that a Shoah-psis would go down in history. Let me get my wallet.

Damn, Chick! Serves me right for not sending in my best kill pick this week, but I was also going to say the original ball kill in Phantasm. If I remember correctly, the year that movie came out, there was a "sci-fi" montage at the Academy Awards, and they used the first flying Cuisinart sequence in it. Made me super freaked & fired up to see that film.

Is it Zombie Massacre?

I've always wanted to get Tom to watch Berlin Alexanderplatz.

I'm specifically thinking of Elvis Gratton. It's a Quebec comedy from the 80's with political commentary.

Nah, I'm totally going for Zapped!

Just donated for Weekend at Bernie's.

20$ on Once Upon A Time In The West.

Damn, there's too many movies to pick from. The more I think about which one I want to make you sit through, the more options I come up with.

In the meantime, here's my picks for the 3x3, that I forgot to send in again. But most of them were already covered by other listeners anyway:

3. Uzumaki. The spirals invading the town make a man commit suicide by washing mashine.

2. The Merman in Cabin in the Woods. It's the blood through the blowhole that makes it.

1. Edward Woodward's appointment with the Wicker Man.

"This town is infested with Killer cockaroaches" --Damnation Alley

I like you.

Haha, just for that, I'll nominate Lagaan.

I like Kelly Wand's catchphrase for Riddick.

I heart you so much.