Qt3 Movie Podcast: Deadpool 2

I was really shocked as a 10 year old when I watched the PG-rated Romancing the Stone. Kathleen Turner was topless in a brief but very arousing sex scene between her character and Michael Douglas’ character.

‘member how It’s Complicated was rated R cause characters smoked weed and enjoyed it?

I am serious. I’m not sure why you’d even question that. Did I do anything to say or even imply that I’m not serious? I’d just like to know if I’m presenting myself in a joking manner, so I can correct that in the future to prevent further misunderstanding. Also, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Tom, I believe you were asking why people seem to hate Rob Liefeld. Hopefully these links should give you some context!

Hey, hey, hey, NSFW! Some folks here might work in, say, a daycare center.

-Tom

He’s making an entirely different kind of point altogether.

Yeah, that’s exactly the kind of stuff I’ve seen. I don’t know comics, but I do know that absurd Captain America drawing. Yikes.

-Tom

Just listened to this podcast after watching the movie.

You guys really expressed well why I can’t quite like the Deadpool movies. It’s that mixture of how the movie is parodying the genre, but at the same time asks us to take it seriously, which you can never quite do. And great spot on bad acting from the kid actor. I wish I’d noticed that. I was just dissatisfied without quite knowing why.

On the other hand, while I’m watching the movie, I laughed a lot. And I loved the X-force assembling. So it was still a success on some level. But your podcast really helped me see why I can never really drum up any enthusiasm for these movies after I’ve seen them once.

Edit: Also, your praise of MacGruber has made me put that on my wishlist, so I’m going to track that down thanks to this podcast.

You’re welcome in advance. :)

-Tom

I got to see the movie this week, and I really enjoyed the X-force massacre scene — as it should be! Otherwise, I really agree with what you all said on the podcast, excepting for one thing and to prove Tom wrong:
I have only seen Avengers Infinity War last month, and I had no idea that [redacted spoiler!]. So, had I listened to this podcast prior to watching it, it would have ruined it for me!

I’m glad you liked it @Left_Empty.