Qt3 Movie Podcast: Death Wish

Regarding your discussion about Knock Knock and Keanu Reeves’ attitude to work:

Interesting. Thank you for posting that, @kentwou. Normally I’d be shy about agreeing with that sentiment, because at first blush it seems a little pompous. But, as it happens I was just listening to the Savage podcast (a sex advice podcast by Dan Savage) and one of his callers asked for advice on handling all the weird political crap, specifically a couple of Supreme Court decisions recently she’s worried about.

He brought up Anne Frank, of all people, because apparently she had pictures of movie stars taped up on her walls. I did not know this. His point being that people need escape, and things like movies and art provide that, and help us get through. Even given the fact that dealing with political angst is nowhere near what Jews were going through at that time, movies do help some people get through life, or certain times in their lives.

Thanks again.

-xtien

“Dad, are you sure you can’t come to the beach with us?”

I don’t want to point fingers, but I would roll my eyes if a couple of very serious, painfully arrogant film makers said something like that. But when it comes to Keanu Reeves, I just nod in agreement. I guess this has something to do with all these positive stories about the way he treats people he worked with. By the way, Ana de Armas’ story seems like another one of them.

Also this…

So happy to hear Dingus mention the original Death Wish as his ‘under’ for this movie. I felt the same way. It might not be a great movie, but I still liked it better than the original Death Wish. Maybe it’s my modern sensibilities, if someone kills the hero’s wife and rapes his daughter into a delirious state from which she shall never return, and that someone is played by Jeff Goldblum, I want to see Jeff Goldblum get his come-uppance later in the movie, not just watch Charles Brosnon kill a bunch of random criminals.