Qt3 Movie Podcast: Ex Machina

Title Qt3 Movie Podcast: Ex Machina
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie podcasts
When April 13, 2015

This week, writer Alex Garland proves himself as a director with the cerebral and sexy Ex Machina. At the 1:10 mark, we burst into a discussion of bombs in movies..

Read the full article

Specifically in reference to the Over/Under, I like the idea of bracketing when it comes to movies you guys enjoyed (it gives two more movies that are of similar quality that are at least somewhat related, and i'll probably be interested in watching them), but I think when it comes to movies you guys think are terrible, the bracketing makes it so the choices are just two more movies that probably aren't great. As someone who gets a lot of movies to watch from the podcast, when it comes to bad movies, I personally would prefer the 'Over' to be a good movie that's related to that weeks movie, instead of something only slightly better, but probably still bad....Hopefully that makes sense.

Love the podcast, and the above really isn't a big deal, just some feedback.

Domhnall Gleeson is the harried hacker with the cyber-eyes in Dredd. Boom. Also, he has a small but powerful scene with his real life dad in the film Calvary, and is the MC in Frank (a film for which the phrase "Your Mileage May Vary" was invented, pretty much). Oh and Bonus! He gets stabbed in the guts in True Grit too...

Dingus, your linear thinking comment wasn't wasted. Also were you thinking just TV newscasts or radio as well?

Holy cats, Peter! Boom! is right! Well done. I knew we had mentioned him before during a podcast, and that I had specifically brought up that he was Brendan Gleeson's son, but I could not place him (and slacked on the research there). Excellent catch.

Thank you Chris.

I was thinking of TV newscasts and reports, mainly because a running joke/truth that Kelly loves to bring up is that when Tom gets bored by a movie (see The Green Hornet podcast), he starts paying attention to news screens in the background. The Gunman gave me the idea for the topic, and one of the F&F movies last week cemented it.

However, since I did not specify in the show, I can't rightly eliminate radio. Good call.

I even brought up Dredd during the podcast! Arg. I'm kicking myself right now.

Your sentence, perp, is 12 years in an Iso-Cube. Cuff him!

The Nude Bomb

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt00...

Hensley.

Ex Machina promo site allows you to upload images for post processing using that pointillism effect and look at images of other people.