Qt3 Movie Podcast: Mad Max: Fury Road

Uh.....

In all fairness I posted this before I started your podcast.

I'm so glad you guys loved it as much as I did. I'm a big Road Warrior fan, but everything seemed to indicate that this would be a costly misfire. After years of development hell, I was expecting an interesting disappointment at best. Everything about this movie just feels so confident. I'm still buzzing a week later. It might be one of those rare time I make a second trip to the theatre.

There could also be room for a night between Max's capture and Furiosa driving out.

Christien, I just listened to this, and I wanted to reassure (or warn?) you that you are not the only one whose mind went straight to NKOTB at the mention of "Step one."

My local art-house-y cinema, the Electric in Birmingham (the UK's oldest working cinema, they say, at 100+ years) serves La Fee absinthe in a traditional fountain. It's rather much diluted with water for my tastes, but it is an aniseed amusement while you're waiting for the film to start.

On the timeline of movies, Immortan Joe is actually the same actor as the Toecutter, so it takes place approximately 40 years after Mad Max. Max is eternal.

If you have the opportunity to see the black & chrome version in theaters, take it. In my opinion, Fury Road is the best action movie ever made, and the black & white (or chrome, as it were) version is even better.

There’s so much detail, from the warts/tumors on Immortan Joe’s back to the skull on the steering wheel, that is heightened to a level of beauty, it becomes something truly special.

I don’t think we’ll be seeing a sequel. :(

“Simply put, we are owed substantial earnings for diligent and painstaking work which spanned over 10 years in development of the script and preparation and three years in production of the movie. That hard work resulted in a picture which found wide acclaim globally. We would much prefer to be making movies with Warner Bros than litigating with them but, after trying for over a year, we were unable to reach a satisfactory resolution and have now had to resort to a law suit to sort things out.”

Warner Bros responded with a short statement saying: “We disagree and will vigorously defend against these claims.”