Qt3 Movie Podcast: one-eyed characters

In case this question is in earnest, the next 3x3 is about tongues. Which are like puns, but this topic will be easier to lick.

-xtien

“Go, go…you question with a wicked tongue.”

Ever eaten tongue?

Thanks! It was an earnest question. One of the mentions did sound like it began with a T, but I seriously couldn’t tell. I probably missed a key sentence.

We get a little loopy by the end of the show, so I’m not surprised that we weren’t clear. That’s on us.

-xtien

“Englishmen don’t know what a tongue is for.”

Of course! It’s a staple of any deli that calls itself Jewish. From Katz’s (“Ill Have What She’s Having”) menu:

Katz

No, but I have been to Dr Tongue’s Evil House of Pancakes! Creepy!

It’s delicious. Now I am hungry…

Wow, when did Robert Duvall play a Nazi?

The first half is a taut thriller with: Donald Pleasance, Donald Sutherland, Duvall, Michael Caine, Jean Marsh, Jenny Agutter (rrow) and Anthony Quayle.

The second half is a deadly keystone cops affair that inserts Larry Hagman playing a kind of angry, pseudo-Southern accented version of Major Nelson.

You’ve been warned.

And the ending breaks whatever internal logic was left in the film in order to create a stupid twist.

The second half is like a weird madcap comedy with realistic combat and death. Hagman is kinda worth it in a unintentionally funny bad movie way. Shame overall because the book is fantastic.

Edit: Treat Williams Who is also pretty bad.

For what it’s worth, Der letzte Lude translates to “The Last Pimp”, not the latest.

edit:
Is the guy on the left of that poster the one Kelly described as “dumb handsome, like Dingus”?