Qt3 Movie Podcast Pledge Drive/Listener's Choice Lottery

Going to put my donations towards Black Death. Best Sean Bean ending ever.

I put my money on Zapped in the hopes that Kelly Wand offers a monumental Zapped-opsis.

I lift this out just to have a quote here, but let me just offer thanks to all of you who have contributed. I love you people. Even if some of you are gunning to make me watch Armageddon again.

-xtien

“This is turning into a surrealistic nightmare!”

So if say, theoretically, someone were to match the total dollars pledged +$1 they would get to choose the documentary? I mean, err, movie?

Every dollar/vote goes into the hat but the winner is picked randomly.

Thanks for reminding me - just got my money (and my vote) in.

Is there a separate button for the Movie Podcast pledges? Or do we just use the regular donate button and put the movie we want to see in the comments or something? (I don’t see a comments box at least on the first page of the PayPal screen.)

I saw Now You See Me recently and desperately wanted to hear Kelly Wand do a Now Youp Sis. I’d buy that for a dollar.

The final confirm page in PayPal (using the regular donate button) has “instructions” for the seller, where you can indicate your vote.

So, that’s 50/50 chance, right?

I donated ten via the Donate button by mistake. Trust me! My movie is Austenland.

I have to say, I’m really impressed. I thought I’d donated quite a bit, but my pick wasn’t even in the top couple to be mentioned.

Well, I guess I’ll have to go and donate more then.

Thanks to some very generous people, the threshold to get into the top five mostly likely picks is $60. But remember that even if you donate only a dollar, you have a 50/50 chance of your movie being picked, because 100 divided by the number of possible outcomes is 50. Ergo, 50%! Math is hard? Pfft. Stupid Barbie.

-Tom

The odds that Tom has done his math correct is 50% for the same reasons he cites!

Also, the probability that what I just wrote is a lie is 50%.

Further, there is a 50% chance that all probability answers are “50%”.

Bump, because there’s like a day left to donate. :-)

Ooooooohhhhhh myyyyy gaaaaaawwwwd! (Where’s Brian Rubin’s Kermit gif when you need it?)

Soren won, with Tyler Perry’s Why Did I get Married, Too! (Which I also voted for.)

I cannot wait for next week’s podcast. I know Tom’s been lurking the Tyler Perry thread, but Dingus and Kelly are presumably entering this blind.

The first Why Did I Get Married isn’t necessary, but if you want a little bit of context, it wouldn’t hurt.

Gotta say, even if Army of Shadows didn’t win, I’m pretty damn happy about this outcome.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Tyler Perry film. Guess I’ll have to now to get the most out of the podcast.

Hopefully if they do the pledge drive again, they can roll forward the results from movies that weren’t picked this time, or something like that. Sounds like there’s also enough interest that they might audible it in on a future slow-movie week.

I think the spirit of the qt3 podcast is that those guys see the terrible movies so you don’t have to. This is why Kelly wand does such a great synopsis. :)

I’d love it if they were to do this… I’d be more than happy to keep kicking in some money every few weeks for the chance of hearing them talk about a film I like. Or hate.

Also, Tom, you’re thinking of The Battle of Algiers. That one was in black and white. :)