Qt3 Movie Podcast Pledge Drive/Listener's Choice Lottery

Here is a list of all 99 movies that received votes.

1 Vote (18)
A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum
Aguirre, Wrath of God
Das Boot
Goon
Ice Pirates
It’s a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, World
Leviathan (The Russian one)
Martyrs
No Way Out
Runaway Train
Ski Patrol
Smokey and the Bandit 2
The Snowtown Murders (aka Snowtown)
Sophie’s Choice
Spotlight
Summer School
Syriana
The Dark Valley

2 Votes (4)
Commando: On the Front Line
Ghost in the Shell
The Battle of Algiers
Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead

5 Votes (7)
A Serbian Film
Battlefield Earth
Battleship Potemkin
Bend it Like Beckham
Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas
Heat
Wings of Desire

6 Votes (1)
Turbo Kid

8 Votes (1)
Interstellar

10 Votes (20)
Better Luck Tomorrow
Big Trouble in Little China
The Bothersome Man
Days of Heaven
The Duke of Burgundy
Forbidden Planet
Hateful Eight
Kafka
Lawrence of Arabia
Love and Pain and the Whole Damn Thing
Nacho Libre
The One I Love
Phantasm
The Prestige
Primer
Thin Red Line
Treasure of the Sierra Madre
True Romance
World of Tomorrow
Wreck-It Ralph

15 Votes (6)
A.I. Artificial Intelligence
Alien
Armageddon
Corvette Summer
It’s Such a Beautiful Day
Purple Rain

17 Votes (1)
Chinatown

20 Votes (8)
Bad Day at Black Rock
The Best of Times
Magic Mike XXL
Spirited Away
The Craft
The Aisle
The Witch
Zapped!

25 Votes (6)
12 Monkeys
American Psycho
Halloween
Master & Commander: Far Side of the World
Once Upon a Time in the West
Wild

30 Votes (4)
Black Dynamite
Hired Hand
The Passenger
The Damned United

35 Votes (1)
The Hunt for Red October

50 Votes (7)
Calvary
Day Trippers
Iron Man
Control (2003 Hungarian movie)
Pumpkin
Runaway (The Tom Selleck one)
Who am I

55 Votes (3)
2001: A Space Odyssey
Jaws
Strozsek

60 Votes (4)
Army of Shadows
Blue is the Warmest Colour
The Long Goodbye
Seventh Seal

65 Votes (1)
Midnight Run

70 Votes (3)
Crank: High Voltage
Stoker
Zulu

79 Votes (1)
Stalker (The Andrei Tarkovsky one)

95 Votes (1)
Wild Tales (Relatos Salvajes)

165 Votes (1)
Brick

545 Votes (1)
Goonies

Yeah, that adds up to 2761.

Personally, as someone who did not register a vote, I was delighted you guys will be doing the Goonies once I heard that you hadn’t seen it (or not since childhood). I’m really looking forward to the next podcast.

Me too. I personally didn’t like Goonies as a kid. So it should be great to hear you guys eviscerate it. Unless you like it. Then I guess I’ll finally discover why people liked the Goonies.

Good 'nuff (good 'nuff) for me

I have never seen Goonies either, but I see (from its Wikipedia page) that it has a character named “One-eyed Willie.” You have to love a character with such a penis like name.

Which is funny considering your avatar.

I actually did like Goonies as a kid. I probably haven’t watched it in 25 years, so I’m a bit afraid to watch it again. Be interesting to hear what the guys have to say.

It’s one of those touchstone 80s movies that shaped your worldview as a kid if you grew up them. Up there with Neverending Story, The Explorers, Gremlins, or the Lost Boys. Meant for a young audience, but remembered fondly (unlike some things; the Transformer’s Movie is utterly unwatchable to anyone over the age of 13 today, for ex.,) Corey Feldman seemed to personify the ‘older kid’ who swore and drank and stayed up too late and was a little too mature for your age. It’s hard to see today but Goonies was a bit ‘risque’ when we were kids back then, certain themes, cuss words, a bit too mature, whereas things like the Explorers seemed to revert to childishness in the end, Goonies went to the edge… what would be the edge of an edgy Tiffany song, you know. How it holds up today though? Eh, probably not that well. They were still kids movies after all.

It kind of sucks that I have to stop reading this thread now. At least until Sunday.

Thanks Obama.

-xtien

Oh sorry, was any of that spoilers? I figured everyone had seen Goonies by now, or at least, had an idea of where it sat in the history of movies. I’ll spoilerize that post.

No no no. I’m just a weirdo. Don’t change your posting on a movie from so long ago. I was playing based on my weirdness.

Carry on, Enidigm!

-xtien

Just letting you all know that Amazon delivered this to the house today:

Here we go.

-xtien

Condolences.

I’ll bet it’s even better auf Deutsch.

For those that want to follow along, the Goonies is currently on Netflix Mexico/Argentina/Columbia/Brazil/Japan Instant Watch.

I don’t get it. How do you do stream a video from one of those services, if you’re not in those countries?

It was discussed in this thread, starting with this post onward in some detail. That’s where I learned of it.

Oh, wow! Thank you, Rock8man, for the pointer. That looks like something I might be interested in. I will have to read the thread and check it out.

Screenplay by Chris Columbus!

-xtien