Qt3 Movie Podcast: Snatched

What we saw this week instead of the King Arthur movie that bombed. At the :50 mark, we toss around some of our favorite throw-and-catch scenes in movies.
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/05/15/qt3-movie-podcast-snatched/

I might have thought that Christopher Meloni was John Hamm.

Being condemned to watch Snatched is no punishment; Hearing the QT3 crew talk about dreadful films is a weekly highlight.

I was more aggrieved Tom didn’t appreciate my The Wire reference. Then I checked - the humps were from Season 2.

I got off lightly!

King Arthur bombed? It has Charlie Hunnam!

I believe @tomchick once thought the “oceans of time” line was from a higher caliber work of art than Francis Ford Coppola’s Bram Stoker’s Dracula. I don’t remember what that was, or if it was even a movie. But I think he did also question whether the phrase made sense. Perhaps because of the multiple oceans of time.

Gary Oldman thinks it’s good writing. He said this:

I wanted to play Dracula because I wanted to say: “I’ve crossed oceans of time to find you.” It was worth playing the role just to say that line.

But, yeah, maybe oceans plural is a bit much. It seems like there should only be one Time Ocean.

-Tom

I did my best Somerset and walked into @marquac’s library to find out that BS’s Dracula was your second favorite ocean in the classic kellywand topic: Favorite Oceans. You originally thought that Kyle Reese said the line to Sarah Connor, and were impressed that at least two oceans of time had to be crossed.

This can be found at 1:42:25 of the RoboCop episode. Kelly’s Britney line in this episode is also strangely relevant to the upcoming 3x3.

@ChristienMurawski : “And then he looks down and I’m just thinking ‘Is he thinking about his manhood?’ I mean it was just this weird, sad, like, it’s creepy moment-”
@Kelly_Wand : “We shoulda heard a car horn honk.”

Your number 2 pick was awesome!

Awesome book title.

Also, “Take care how you cut yourself…”

-xtien

“Perhaps you should grow a beard.”

I believe that this was referenced on the podcast.

Ah, right, I remember now! What is Kyle Reese’s actual line? Hold on, Imma go look that up…

Okay, the line is “I came across time for you, Sarah Conner.” He doesn’t specify the geographical form time takes when he was crossing it, so we don’t know if it was a Time Lake, a Time Island, a Time Isthmus, or what, much less how many he crossed. He’s just being his usual laconic self.

-Tom

Maybe he scaled mountains of time.

I believe that this fellow is a traveller of both time and space. To be where he has been.

I don’t know what this says about you, marquac, but I never would have guessed you for a guy who could so easily roll out a Zeppelin lyric. Nice!

-Tom

I tried to like this post but I canna