Qt3 Movie Podcast: The Meg

I mean, it’s a giant shark movie. How bad can it be?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2018/08/13/qt3-movie-podcast-the-meg/

voiceprompts

I believe this setting stops a Corsair headset from whispering mic on/mic off every time you toggle mute. :)

This is kind of a Qt3 podcast “hold my beer” intro. Time to listen…

I haven’t listened to the show so I don’t know what this means, Josh. Help.

-xtien

“You must be the crazy guy.”

Hah. On last week’s pod and again, once or twice for The Meg, someone, I assumed Tom, is toggling their headset mic on and off. It responds with an audible voice “mic on” or “mic off” when you toggle, which was captured several times on the podcasts. I have the same headset and recognized it.

Could have been me. I have to toggle the mute a few times if I’m laughing too much during the opsis. Or if I need to attend to my kid.

I use a Turtle Beach Ear Force x12 headset. I’ll listen to see if it’s me and I’ll address it. I had no idea that was going on. Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Josh!

-xtien

“Eight year olds hear everything.”

Okay. You can hear it within the first three minutes while I’m talking. It’s a little creepy.

-xtien

I thought it was a production choice! Kinda bold…Altman-y. And did you just call him an eight year old? Or me?

A bit too seductive for a mic prompt.

BTW, on the subject of The Meg. I took this bullet as well. I was actually looking forward to it as a dumb summer flick, but it was terrible. The comparison to SciFi Sharknado movies is spot on, and the focus on the China market really rips the teeth out of this movie.

Also, regarding Ruby Rose as Batwoman, of all the disheartening Internet-jerk movements, apparently the outrage, which has caused her to close her social media accounts, was that she isn’t ‘lesbian enough’. Whatever that means!

Good thing shark teeth are in rows that grow back.

In other news, I forgot to mention that the dude who plays Dumb Sacrifice Doctor, Robert Taylor, was Agent Jones:

-xtien

“That’s a good hire.”

Also the star of Netflix’s Longmire (which isn’t terrible)

I turned up the setting Brightness but the podcast did not appear to get any smarter.

Just want to point out that one of those / has Horror in it. Just saying.

You probably need to up your Wand settings as well.

-xtien

Nope, that’s totally my headset. I had to rejigger a bunch of stuff after the latest Skype update, and that included installing that dumb headset app. Since I’m recording audio from my audio device and not the Skype stream, I should have known it was playing that sexy little “mic on/off” announcement. My bad.

The Meg is as much of a horror movie as The Mechanic is a remake movie.

1980 called and wants its joke back! :)

-Tom

It’s your Podcast. I didn’t put the words in someone else’s mouth. When this movie is released, it will fall under the genre of Horror and Action. In the day so of Blockbuster, where it could only exist on one shelf, Horror.

Not a ringing endorsement. I trust you’re saying I can skip it.

-xtien

My point is that it’s a bad horror movie. That might not have been clear if you didn’t see both Mechanic movies.

-Tom

Suddenly I’m having a Ben Foster craving.

-xtien

“Ten of me. I told you!”

Oh That’s another Jason movie. Yeah I’ve seen maybe one other movie with him as the main star/lead, The Mechanic was not one of them.