Qt3 Movie Podcast: The Meg

I am not a fan of Shark inspired movies.

Jaw 1 and 2, Deep Blue Sea… they’re kind of fun movies. Most of them are pretty bad… the Meg falls into that latter section.

Wow, this movie is doing well. It crossed the $300 million mark globally this weekend, apparently.

How my theater did the subtitles:

Me: “Uh. I think the movie is framed incorrectly.”
Manager: “I’ll get right on that.”
…the rest of the movie later…
Me: “So. You didn’t do anything.”
Manager: “No. We can’t control that.”

Thanks guys!

-xtien

“Hey Crazy. Thanks for keeping your promise.”

I think it’s oone.

-Tom

I watched this flick just so I could listen to the podcast. Worth it! The attempts at humor in The Meg needed serious punch-up. And I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the one Japanese guy dies straight away. I’ve already learned to be wary of anything by Legendary Pictures, but to have this one come in without WARNING: MOVIE MADE FOR CHINA in the trailer annoys me a little. This trend is only going to get worse. I don’t understand why you podcasters keep watching junk like this and Skyscraper. I mean, I actually go back and watch all the podcast movies I’ve missed, and there has always been some junk, but it seems that there’s more now. Please ask Kellywand to move back to the US so that you are not limited in movie choices as much. Thank you.

Same as @Moggraider, I watched this knowing there would be the reward of the podcast, not knowing anything about it but the presence of Ruby Rose.

My god, what a bad movie. As you guys very aptly say, it belongs to no genre. I had a lot fun watching that thing, but I wouldn’t have enjoyed going to the theater for it. There are so many absurd moments. The fat guy falling in the water for no reason (although I was surprised because I thought he was meant to die there) and the Legendary “leave me alone with Jason” scenes were the highlights for me.
The dialogues too were so bad. “We’re in international waters which means legally I can beat the loving shit out of you and get away with it.” Now that’s gotta be worrying, coming from an Americano-Chinese coproduction.
I remember near the end, somebody yells to Water Gundam pilot Jason “watch out for its mouth!”. It was about time somebody gave such a sound advice.

At about 1 hour and 10 minutes, I thought this was over, but no: there is a second even worse syfy telemovie inside the first one, some weird hunt chasing the shark into one of the most jokingly bad sets ever. I’m surprised this was okayed by China, because their country sure looks like it sucks, even at the beach. Sadly since most of the American cast had left by then, it was nothing but bad cgs. Also @marquac left me alone online at that point, which was also probably why I had less fun.

I am just happy to think that thanks to his check, Masi Oka could finance a few months of the Outer Wilds development.

And I’m very glad I watched that crap chuckling most of the time, so that I could enjoy the podcast chuckling most of the time too — excepting when Dingus is trying to be mean to the movie in the final stretch, in the worst way :E

I don’t understand what this means, from statement to colon:E. And I desperately want to. I don’t remember what I did wrong at the end of that podcast, so please do elaborate!

-xtien

Stating the only good thing in the movie was the kid actress was so mean!

Ah! I forgot I did that. What a jerk I am!

-xtien

Here’s the only interpretations I could find for the Colon E:

Maybe Left_Empty meant number 3? Maybe Number 6. I hope so, none of the others seem that nice.

Think of Kelly Wand making noise when hearing the name of a sexy actor, excepting with the intent of eating the mammal creature :E

I am watching another movie, and I was greeted with the Legendary logo on start. “Oh boy”, I thought. The trauma of the Meg is the real.