Qt3 Movie Podcast: The Meyerowitz Stories

Is this the Greenberg Noah Baumbach or the Mistress America Noah Baumbach?

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/10/16/qt3-movie-podcast-meyerowitz-stories/

Oh cool. Glad to see you doing a Netflix movie. Especially this one as I’m about to watch it this week. I can be on time for a QT3 podcast for once.

Dingus, I never heard anybody curse in a toast.

Chris, I was trying to loosen them up a little bit.

-xtien

“I think I would have had more success if I had been more fashionable.”

Dingus, there were old people there, all the relatives. You were like a Red Fox record. I mean, at the end of the toast nobody even drank. They were just standing there, they were just frozen! That might have been one of the worst all time toasts.

I think Kelly’s Hoffman is my new favorite impression.

The Sandler was good, but it really was upstaged by the spot-on Hoffman. My secret hope is a movie starring Dustin Hoffman, Kevin Costner, Ryan Gosling, Ben Foster, and Bai Ling.

-Tom

He is a very talented mimic.

You don’t know Ezra, but Kelly’s imitation is spot on.

-xtien

“I’m gonna run downstairs for an e-smoke.”

Thanks! My key’s to already be similar in personality and age to the subject.

If we can get you to do a podcast on Once Upon a Time in the West we’d be potentially treated to your Charles Bronson.

Or your Claudia Cardinale.

In case you’re curious, Tom, the BBFC rated it 15 (everything gets rated in the UK, even internet stuff).

I too was pretty trepidatious before watching it, partly because Sandler, and partly because it looked like it could be really self-indulgent. But, no, it was delightful. I agree with the panel that Jean stole the show. Also, yet more proof I am the world’s worst actor recogniser — I had no idea that was Emma Thompson until one of you mentioned her name.

Over: Royal Tenenbaums
Under: Festen

This was not a good film.