Qt3 Movie Podcast: The Rum Diary

Title Qt3 Movie Podcast: The Rum Diary
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie podcasts
When October 31, 2011

This week we're underwhelmed by The Rum Diary, which is the prequel to Hunter S. Thompson, directed by the guy who did Withnail & I..

Read the full article

Great podcast, except as usual for Kelly Wand's constantly intrusive nattering blatherskite. Uninstall n00b.

the air tanks in Jaws.

The instant camera in that stupid "Don't Be Afraid of the Dark" remake.

Dear Bruce Robinson,

Please reshoot the acid scene so Depp takes it with Amber Heard instead and she's the one doing the tongue thing instead of that hairy guy. I'll cheerily fork over another $11.50 for that shit.

xo,
kw

I have mixed feelings about Meek's Cutoff too. I can't decide whether it's as fake & empty as its title character, but I'm quite sure it's what made me think of Michelle Williams as a one note actress, even if it's a perfect note for Blue Valentine.

That's true about Michelle Williams, Austin, but great actors don't have to be chameleons. I'll take depth, expressiveness, and conviction over range any day.

Do we need to get a Kickstarter page going to fund Kelly Wand's movie ticket and synopsis for Paranormal Activity 3 or what?

I'll "try" to see it. Hopefully catching "Real Steel" tomorrow because Tom said it was the best movie he's seen since the newscasts in "Green Hornet." Haha, Tom watched news.

Hey, I'll take one great note over a range of middling ones. Johnny Cash didn't have to really sing to get his perfect sound either.