Qt3 Movie Podcast: The Secret World of Arrietty

Title Qt3 Movie Podcast: The Secret World of Arrietty
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie podcasts
When February 27, 2012

You know that scene in Broadcast News when William Hurt proves himself by adroitly speaking while Albert Brooks talks in his ear? Kelly Wand is the opposite of that as he delivers a synopsis for The Secret World of Arrietty, the latest movie from Studio Ghibli..

Read the full article

send everyone...

everyone ?

EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

The worst performance by a name actor in a great Shakespeare movie has to go to Keanu Reeves in Much Ado About Nothing. Branagh and Thompson have so much fun in that movie and then poor old Keanu comes on, grumbling around in the cellar.

I like this pick, Sam, but the category is great actors in great movies. I feel like you're fudging the terminology a little. :)

Did you truly not like Fishburne in The Matrix, Tom?

I think he's trying a bit too hard at the whispering mystic angle. Maybe I'm being unfair, but it seemed a little silly last time I watched The Matrix. But, yeah, that could be a bit of a reach.

As I understand it, Brando refused to learn his lines and everything he does is just ad-lib while the other actors played along and tried to steer him back onto the script. A meta-commentary on hubris, sure. A great performance, no. Good call, Tom.