Qt3 Movie Podcast: Thor: Ragnarok

This is why they call them comic books!
This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2017/11/06/qt3-movie-podcast-thor-ragnarok/

Valkyrie wasn’t capturing slaves. She was helping prisoners get jobs. ;)

Nice!

Spot on with Jeff Goldblum, Kelly.

I’m dumb. But thanks.

The Grandmaster showed up just in the credits for GotG v.2. Not even a full scene in the credits, but literally scrolling by in the credits with the little headshots and dancing bits of other characters.

I also wondered for a little while if Korg Sharlto Copley.

Ah. I think I remember that now. Those credits were really busy.

Thank you! I’m so happy to hear there are more of us. Also, I’ve suddenly gotten addicted to talking in that voice. I keep saying, “Hello New Dog!” in that voice to my little dog Honey whenever she greets me and wants to play. My son, who has come home from school with a mild fever, is not amused. Hopefully the chicken soup will help.

-xtien

“I’m just a janitor.”

I managed to get in an oblique “piss off, ghost” reference in my livestream tonight. Very gratifying!

-Tom

P.S. A couple of interviews I read seem to bear out what Tom said about Taika being the driving comedy force on T:R and the script they dumped on him was meh, so disregard everything I said on the podcast, huh.

(EDIT: Oops, should’ve listened to the rest of the pod first >_<)

Dingus, pretty sure the movie you’re thinking of with Paul Reiser playing someone’s dad is Whiplash.

Yes!

How weird is my outburst about that? The guys were all like, “Yes, we know he directed that. So why are you bringing it up?” while summoning the guys in white jackets.

-xtien

I think this is about is the tenth podcast where Kelly Wand talks about those comics where Odin creates a false Ragnarök.

In his defense, this was a movie about creating a Ragnarök.

Also, sweet Jesus his impersonations are uncanny.