Qt3 Movie Podcast: Thor: The Dark World

/fives

You guys are so much fun!

Its hilarious to hear how Wand and Chick lose their Shit about everything they can in this movie and Chick turns to the absurd reasoning he usually is laughing about in other episodes.

Heres a hint: The reason why you two clowns don't like Thor, is because he is a Superhero that was born into royalty and has everything (including the second best power potential without the green and the crazies) going for him.

Hes not one of those pseudo-sad over-educated emos or fatherless schmucks you 40 something neurosis jugglers can identify with. Aka, you got the envies for the frat-boy. That is why Dingus doesn't care.

Go ahead and look for them movies with sad no redemption endings so you can at least on the silver screen, experience some consequence and meaning that you really avoided during your pathetic existence.

PS: Dont care about Thor, just think it was hilarious how it played out textbook. Tata.

Fuck you chick!

Ah, I guess that does make sense. Well, "sense". I didn't catch the green Loki-light, but I do remember wondering why the camera was so prominently shooting Random Guard #41. Good catch, Mr. 9000.

"Telegraphed from the moment he got stabbed"? I knew right away that the reconnaissance Asgardian had been replaced by Loki, but when during the actual stabbing are we clued into the illusion?

Unless Loki killed Kurse and instantly replaced the dead Kurse with an illusion that in turn stabbed another illusion of Loki... All while Thor was somehow not looking... Oh dear, I've thought about this too much.

Remember how they had like the entire Thor fanclub telling Loki not to be a deceptive traitor? And how they had to so prominently showcase the illusions time after time? The whole time he was with Thor, I was looking for the moment he'd be able to trick the dumb hammerite, and then BAM, "Oh look, I must be dead and you're kind of in a hurry, run off now ya dumb thing, lots of worlds to save and whatnot, I'm a gon--aghgarglesigh--."

I guess I was paying active attention to the moment he'd get to be deceptive like we were prepped for, and that was the perfect time. In the early movie, he'd been a shambles using illusion to look nice, so this time he got to be quite healthy using illusion to look pretty pathetic and dead. At least that combination was what brought it home for me.

To be fair, I went with 3 other people, and two of them didn't even get that the Random Guard #41 scene was Loki, so they were very confused, but one keyed in on it the moment I did. I never thought about him replacing the Kursed dude, though, so you did give it more thought.

Like I told Mercanis, of the 4 of us that went, 2 of us keyed in on it, and the other two didn't even notice anything out of place with the Random Guard #41 scene. I think it really just came down to only giving a hoot about Loki for the entire movie and focusing on his storyline intently. The rest of the movie was just so awful. Luckily, I didn't have to do a podcast or take notes.

I don't think so. I quite liked movie, albeit with reservations, and I caught on the moment the asgardian scout appeared.

You just had to pay attention to the movie, instead of looking for newscrawls to stare at.

I didn't write my 3x3 entry very well for one of our choices, I don't think. I should have made it clearer that our #3 choice for barf in a movie is the *character* Barf (John Candy) in Spaceballs. Get it? What we did there? Yesss! Just voted my own post up cuz it is that sweet.

I couldn't stop thinking about Saints Row IV when all the black hole grenades started being thrown around.

If anyone wants to read good Thor, it's actually the best it's ever been RIGHT NOW with Jason Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder series. Check out the first trade paperback collection. I enjoyed this movie but it was definitely lessened in my mind by comparison to how good Thor's comic currently is.

That's fair, Sören. I'm glad that more people did. TBH, I was pretty surprised that only half of my party caught on to what was going on.

When I heard that pick on the podcast, it did make me COL. (chuckle)

I was glad that someone else picked up on this. What happened to Anthony Hopkins??? He delivered lines very weirdly and part of me wants to believe it was the writing and not just the lack of Kenneth Branagh (who can get a performance out of a stone). Although if we looked up Natalie Portman's name in a dictionary, it would probably cited under "phoning it in". Did they not test the two leads together in a casting session??

They had to drop Josh Dallas as Fandral because of his role on "Once Upon a Time" on ABC (harrumph). I have to say, this is the first time I've been disappointed in Zachary Levi.... but they really didn't give him much to work with.... I should also point out that I was so bored by Portman as Jane Foster that I just tuned out during her scenes- she has a doctoral degree IRL and yet she can't muster a performance as an academic...