Qt3 Movie Podcast: Widows

My issue with the twist (that is, why I was questioning to what extent it was intended to be surprising) was that with the death being shown off-screen and then almost right after one of the investigating cops remarking how difficult it would be to find remains, I just assumed that meant he was still alive until proven otherwise. Like, that just seemed crime-movie shorthand to me. I thought it was fine, but just questioned whether it was meant to be taken as a twist.

Also, it’s almost unnerving how tall Elizabeth Debicki is. When she stands next to Michelle Rodriguez in that evening gown, it’s crazy and striking. I looked it up, and she’s almost 6’3"!!

It was fun watching her act opposite Tom Hollander in The Night Manager for the same reason.

Wow I hadn’t listened to the podcast yet, just thought it was such a funky sequence when I wrote my post. I don’t recall if the driver was anywhere else in the movie.

Elizabeth Debicki could very easily do a Princess Diana.

— Alan

And it seems like at least a foot of that is her neck. Debicki’s neck is as fascinating as Cynthia Erivo’s arms.

-Tom

Late to this discussion, but yes. The Leftovers is my favorite TV series ever, and a large part of that is Carrie Coon, who is simply astonishing. She’s able to convey about 90 emotions at once without saying a word. Her character is constantly on a tight-rope above an abyss of despair and it shows throughout. The Leftovers is the apotheosis of the golden age of TV. There’s an episode where Mark Linn-Baker plays himself; what else could you want?

Not much to add here other than agreement. Check out the Leftovers if you like Carrie Coon, because she’s beyond the MVP in this. The show itself is like depressing Lost with lots of payoff.