Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #1 - Rise of Nations

Will be playing tomorrow morning

Was it the Turks? I bet it was the Turks. Damn Turks.

Hmm based on the results thus far it looks like the Championship will come down to 2 matches: Otagan vs Otthegreat and Me vs Tomchick. Basically if Otagan wins, he’s got the championship. If Otthegreat wins and I win, I believe I will win the tourney on points. So, go Otthegreat. Get yourself ready to handle some damnable Turks :O.

You guys aren’t playing random factions? Boo!

-Tom

Not intentionally! I played the British in my first two matches, because I had time to do one practice game. And for my third game I’d been messing around with China, but accidentally left it on random and got someone I’d not played before. Imagine, the indignity of having to wait for your citizens to be recruited!

I’m playing pre-selected factions (which was stated as allowed in the OP) but I’ve done a different one for each round, to shake thing up. Perhaps I will go fully random for round 4.

I picked random once and got Lakota. Never again!

I’ve been playing random

I select my faction also as I really don’t know them well at all and if I get that one that plays different, I would be lost.

I apologize for my scheduling this week, to the group and to @legowarrior. This week started crazy and just got worse as the week went on and it was already scheduled to be very busy to start with. I will shoot you another pm and think I can fit us in if we can nail down a time.

I’ve been playing random every round, but I might have to change that if I’m going to stand a chance against @Otagan’s Turks.

I kept meaning to ask if you’d picked Lakota on purpose @SadleyBradley. That was some bad luck.

I’m also going random every round, and this time I got the Americans. Those cannons were built and upgraded the old-fashioned way, which is why I only had half as many. I tend to float a lot of wood and metal, so artillery makes a perfect dumping ground for that excess.

Yeah, I had to take a few moments at the beginning of the game to think through it.

“Wait, I can’t build what?”

Sorry, with only 6 hours of game play to my name, I had spent my time learning a faction and sticking to it.

Great game played by two people who did not want to go on the offense. I won because I want hardcore into attrition, and Kelan did not buy enough supply wagons.

Good game! That was fun. Once I researched AI and realized I could insta-create units, had 20k gold, I bought a crap ton of oil and threw a big army at you. My problem was I didn’t take time to assemble them properly and didn’t bring wagons. Also, I haven’t learned how to have an air force yet, so that hurt me for a while too.

Well played!

I think you could have taken my city with some supply vehicles. You took out a lot of my place is at the end.

All right, I’ll advance the bracket in just a minute. The replay pack will have to wait a bit longer since I’m still away from my actual computer, but that’ll be up later today.

And here are the replays for Round 3.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/394299971895296031/404425928047984641/R3.zip

That’s going to be even harder!

I knew it was going to pair me with ott, but I honestly thought it was going to put Tom and Sharpe against each other after that. A solid shrug is about all I can give.