Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #1 - Rise of Nations

A surprise victory for me.
It was a great game, and I was losing that pitched battle, but wonders pulled it off.

BTW, SadleyBradley played a hell of a good game. I just don’t like RoN

I just watched the replay of my defeat by Legowarrior and it was painful. Painful. Hindsight is 20/20.

So, just one last game before the results?

Two, actually. Tom vs Richard and Kelan vs belouski.

You are correct! As I’ve only played against Kelan, and he was a great sport, I will root for him! Go Kelan!

If @Kelan doesn’t mind, I’d like to pre-resign. I share @Jason_McMaster taste for the game, and I haven’t even had the pleasure of winning. If necessary, I could jump into the game and resign, but I don’t want to waste any more of my life losing RoN, nor anyone else playing someone less competitive than the AI.

I am in the same boat, @belouski, I believe, as far as skill level. I will shoot you a pm and see what you want to do, but I wouldn’t be against just setting some ground rules and making a fun game of it if you want.

I have no issue accepting whatever the two of you agree on, and I appreciate you both being good sports about it.

A draw is an option I can technically apply if you’d both really rather not play it out at all.

There’s a “Peaceful Tech Race” ruleset that might be fun (although if you take issue with the game’s pace, it might not help at all).

Maybe there’s a custom map where you each just have a crazy big army and smash them into each other?

@Jason_McMaster, out of curiosity what don’t you like about RoN?

The 400000 paths to victory

There is only one path to victory! BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF MY WONDERS!

“My name is Legowarrior, king of kings;
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!”

Well, except @Otagan, but that doesn’t count.

Edit: found a more common quote.

Sounds like you want to wonder race.

More of a wacky race. Which they should totally reboot!

I think it’s the game’s lack of ChuNoKu.

I’m up for a game of AoE 2, AoE 3 or AoM!

Phew! Gruelling game, @Richard_Holt! Well played. You kept me on my toes, but my objective all along was to spread out and grab some breathing room to turtle, using the Roman fort bonus. There were a couple of times I was worried I was done for.

-Tom

Well Mr. Chick taught me a lesson there.

During the game I thought I was not that far behind, I think the replay will show me to be the fool that I am.

Well done Tom, you held the line and there wasn’t much I could do in the end.

Damn you and your clever use of ‘terrain’ and ‘strategy’. Hardly cricket, is it?