Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #2 - Offworld Trading Company

Well I signed up. Although after getting rolled in the Rise of Nations tournament, I don’t know why I’m so enthusiastic to be ruined at another game I’ve not played before.

Where are the signups for the Offworld Trading Company bootcamp?

Here’s a good place to start (after the in-game tutorials, at least). The videos are technically a bit out of date, but the fundamental advice should be sound.

If anyone needs a copy of Offworld Trading, please let me know.

@tomchick will you be participating?

I’m afraid I will sit this one out. I addore Offworld Trading Company, but it would take me too much time to get my legs back under me for multiplayer.

-Tom

Boooo-urns!

Don’t forget, tonight is our weekly Comp Stomp. So, put on your CoH hats, and get ready to rumble!

I’m sure most of you are aware of this already, but there is an OTC community discord here: https://discord.gg/0pQ0rgV4DDFxO2rD

Many players there are happy to provide advice on how to play or play practice games with less experienced players. In addition, they’re holding a tournament specifically for new players this coming Satursday (Feb 10th). If you’re interested in learning a little more about the game and what mistakes to avoid, watching this could be a nice place to start. Experienced players always provide commentary for these matches, usually more geared toward helping the players themselves improve when they watch the VoD back.

It’s exciting to see another community hosting an OTC tournament, good luck with this guys!

By the way, I have an extra key for the base game that I’m willing to hand out to anyone who wants to participate (on the sole condition that you actually participate). You’d have just under three weeks to get up to speed. PM me if you’re interested.

I have one as well.

Another little set of videos that might help:

By my math, there are seven people who said they would participate in an OTC tournament in the voting threads who have yet to sign up. The current mild shame you are experiencing will be upgraded to moderate shame if you aren’t in before we start in a week and a half.

Not a rush, just a note.

Damn, I bet if we had gone with Company of Heroes, all of the people that voted for it would have joined!

I’m in… thanks to @legowarrior and @Chappers for the Steam key!

Now, to learn how to play the damn game so I don’t make a total fool of myself…

Make sure you get signed in on the bracket when you have the chance: http://challonge.com/Qt3MG2

Glad to have you aboard!

Ummm… I think the tournament is full.

This should be a direct link to the sign-up page. Participants are theoretically capped at 256, but for some reason I don’t think that’ll be an issue: http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/qNjuNm2qoa

That link did the trick. I’m in.

Scared.

Just another reminder that we’re down to four days until the start date. If you’ve been waffling about whether or not you’d like to hop in (currently at 12 participants), you’ve still got a bit of time.

If you’re on the fence, just do it! Inexperienced or out of practice? You and I can fight for last place. Don’t have time? It’s an hour a week. These tournaments are a blast and a great way to meet and play with other QT3ers.