Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #2 - Offworld Trading Company

The inputs required remain the same and the output is multiplied for adjacency bonuses. Boosting (via adrenaline boosts or the synthetic meat patent) doubles both output and input resources.

Some other good videos (in addition to the mohawk and Stardock channels):

Congratulations to Otthegreat for his 2-0 sweep!

Thank you! It sounded like we were both pretty rusty, but I guess I remembered just a bit more. Thanks for the games, and good luck in the rest of the tournament!

Obligatory reminder that there are just under 24 hours left in round 1, and I currently have reports back from less than half the matches. I’ll be playing in a few hours, but everyone else has just under a day remaining. If there are any issues or if anyone wants/needs to concede their matchup (preferably after having played at least one game out of the best-of-three), let me know. I know the first round can be a bit of a drag as it is randomly seeded and there are some wildly divergent experience levels in play here, but that should clear up after the first round or two.

Report from @Enidigm vs me

Series win for me, 2-0

When you have a moment, can you get the replay files together and email them to [email protected]? I’ve got the file locations all spelled out in the original post, but you might have to download the replays by viewing them in your Game History before they show up.

Me and my opponent won’t be able to make it in time I fear: he wasn’t available at all during the week, and there is no way I can play him today. Since I’m the last defaulting, am a terrible player and have very little competitive spirit, I’ll concede this round.
Sorry about that.

Concession noted and bracket updated. The update is much appreciated.

Good games to @RothdaTheTruculent

Thanks! I’ve actually had a lot of luck using the expansive HQ. It’s the only one I’ve been able to beat the AI with.

Likewise, if you could kick me over copies of the replays when you get a chance, it would be much appreciated.

GGs to legowarrior, as well.

Next Time Otagan, next time.

I beat geggis 2-1, he made me work for it!

Great games and well played. I had a blast!

With that, round 1 is basically wrapped up. I’ve compiled all the replays from the first round here and here for those who are interested, since I had the time this morning to trawl the Metaverse for them all.

I’ll advance the bracket to round 2 momentarily just to get a head start on it. The official end time will still be the same (i.e. one week and nine hours from now rather than just one week from now), but it’ll give a bit of extra time to organize matches.

Thank you all for round one, and I’m looking forward to the rest!

How many rounds will there be in total?

Four total, the new one being the second.

Well, I’m skeered to face @vyshka in the next round. He seems to actually have an idea how to play this game. I’ve just been farting around in skirmish at the lower levels.

Any tips for videos I should watch to actually put together a cogent strategy? I basically drop my base near some resources, and buy and sell stuff when it’s green. I can beat Assistant level consistently, but Employee gets me about 50% of the time. Manager is a joke: the AI is at Base 3 before I’m even at Base 2.

@gladguy The philothanic videos I posted upthread give some good tips. Plus the channels I posted have lots of games with commentary from tournaments that the otc discord people run. Also the almanac, linked as the manual in the store page I think, has lots of good advice.

@geggis and @Chappers that game 1 was great. Looking forward to watching the other 2. I guess the lack of food production did Chappers in? Also when you (chappers) first built the Offworld was it idle because you lacked money to buy the stuff to ship (fuel and the food)? The $50k food shipments must have been nice for geggis :)