Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #2 - Offworld Trading Company

Yes I was cash short in the first game

@geggis and @Chappers, great series of games! @gladguy these are some great games to watch.

Thank you, hoping for many more of them!

We’ve got just under 24 hours left in the second round. I’ve been notified one group may need a brief extension on the usual deadline and I’m inclined to allow an extra hour or two to accommodate that if need be.

Myself and geggis don’t have a scheduled match yet (totally my fault), hopefully we can squeeze it in tomorrow afternoon.

Richard and I just got some games in!

geggis 2 - 0 Richard_Holt

I’m 1-0 up on @Otthegreat hopefully we will play the remaining game(s) later today.

Well done to geggis. He played well, I did not, he won. System working as intended.

Enidigm wins 2-0 vs. McMaster.

I can’t rem, do I need to upload the replays?

The uploading the replays thing is a minor convenience for me this time around because all replays are automatically uploaded to the Metaverse and I can download them from there.

So you don’t really need to upload them for this tournament so long as I’m notified either here, by email or on Discord that the games are done.

The deadline for this round is temporarily delayed because Otthegreat and Chappers asked for a slight extension. The only group I haven’t heard from is @CraigM and @RothdaTheTruculent. Are you two planning to play your matches tonight?

We both kind of dropped the ball on scheduling. I contacted Rothda last night, and we tried to get one in this afternoon, but an uncooperative 1 year old interfered. I’m guessing they live in Europe, and so will see if an early morning (like 6 am for me) might work.

I just beat @Otthegreat in the second game so I win 2-0. He let me in for a power victory and i turned the screw continuously blowing up his one power generator while i generated all the rest of the power.

Well played @Chappers! That was a really fun series, and a good reminder not to neglect power for too long!

Edit: And thanks @Otagan for extending the deadline for us.

We’ll go with a moratorium on advancing the bracket until the morning, then.

Ok, we got a game in this morning, and I won 1-0.

Thanks for the delay Otagan.

All right, I had to mark that as a 2-0, but thank you both for getting that sorted out this morning. The bracket is advanced to Round 3. Replay packs are here and here for those who are interested, and I’d like to get back to the pre-extension bracket end time again if we can make that happen. Fudging the times a bit is fine with me as I’d much rather everyone get to play than arbitrarily get cut off, but I’d also prefer to avoid making a habit of that.

And as a courtesy heads-up, @Richard_Holt, I understand your match (@Lanic) is going to be traveling quite a bit this week.

Yes, I conceded the round due to time, and a clear realization that him swatting me like a fly was because I was not nearly as good. Round about the time the third EMP shut down my steel, and I had to fire sale everything not to be bought out then and there, it was over.

Well played @RothdaTheTruculent, I’ll have to go over the replay to see where it all went wrong. (Early, certainly ;) )

Any way for you guys to just assign me to someone and give them 2 free wins. I’m kind of done with this.

I don’t have an issue with you forfeiting the final round preemptively if you’d like. Totally up to you.