Qt3 Multiplayer Gaming Tournament #2 - Offworld Trading Company

I’ll play them, it isn’t fair.

Are you saying you want to go ahead and play SadleyBradley this round, or that you want to play whomever it pairs you with in round 4? As far as fairness goes I don’t think anyone will care if you really don’t want to play since this was just about having fun.

I already played SadleyBradley.

Ah, okay. I thought Otagan updated the round 3 results based on your post.

The dark secret is that SadleyBradley threatened to kill my family and I’ve finally cracked under the pressure from the abuse.

In all honesty, I’m miserable at these games and any time I would have had for practice, I end up streaming stuff for my audience. It’s not fun to play against me, I’m sure, as I just flounder.

I got crushed by @RothdaTheTruculent 2-0, so it will be @RothdaTheTruculent and @Otagan facing off for 1st place next round, and the chance to play @SorenJohnson if they wish.

Thanks for the fun games @RothdaTheTruculent, I kept it somewhat close the 1st game, but got majority bought in the 2nd.

Ah, yes, @RothdaTheTruculent is a very good player. His defeat of me was so thorough, that I couldn’t help but admire it.

So don’t feel bad, we got a ringer ;)

Thanks vyshka. For what it’s worth, this was the first game where I was really feeling the pressure. The arm-pit sweat is real.

And in general I’ve enjoyed the tournament a lot. When I first tried OTC I thought it was just ok, but in prepping for the tournament I’ve found the AI skirmish mode to be reliably enjoyable and it has really increased my appreciation of the game.

Glad I gave you some competition in the first game anyways. I agree it is a great game that seems to get better the more I play. I’ve also enjoyed the tournament. I don’t normally do mp gaming so it has been a good experience.

Anytime you want to play I’m willing to try again.

@Enidigm wins vs @geggis 2-0. Good games!

Someone has lose when playing a game of chicken ;).

At least I won the auction though! ;-)

Seriously folks, I just did a masterclass in How Not To Bid. Tanked my share value and coupled with a well placed power surge on Enidigm’s part I didn’t have the income to buy and lock my shares. Crushing!

I had a really good series of games with @legowarrior last night. I ended up losing 2-1, but it was a great time. There were a couple weird maps, including one where we both went scavenger, and Lego pulled some neat tricks with the black market.

You should generally avoid scavenger if underground nukes are available on the black market. Otherwise, bye bye carbon.

Yeah, we traded a couple of nukes if I remember right, but that map had a lot of carbon so it didn’t have the impact it might have.

A ton of Carbon, 1 iron deposit.

It would have been great for Nomad if that had been available.

Round 3 is ending in about ten hours. I still need results from @CraigM and @Left_Empty (the Metaverse tells me you’ve been playing a bunch of games and I don’t want to assume which of those actually counted), and I wanted to ask if @Richard_Holt was ever able to get in contact with @Lanic so we can try to get that sorted out today.

Yes we did play a bunch, more like 6-7. Mostly due to technical glitches. Ultimately we did complete 3 real tight games.

Me over @Left_Empty 2-1, in a close series of matches

Craig is a gentleman: while I managed to keep a bit of suspense, my spidersense tells me in most games, he was quite ahead of me — without relying on dirty tricks on his part to boot; a gentleman, I tell you!

Sorry again for that overtime nightly session, Craig. Had it been me at that same time, I wouldn’t have found sleep before 5AM probably. The game keeps my adrenaline pumping that way, which is why I don’t launch it past 4PM!

I never did hear from @Richard_holt, at least not anywhere i couls think to look, but I didn’t have time to play this week as I was travelling for work. I thought I might get a game in one of the evenings, but it just didn’t work out (also the hotel Wi-Fi was bad, so I don’t know if i could done it in anycase). So maybe put me down for a forfeit this week? It’s not like I was going to win the tournament no matter what.

Would you say that matches 1, 4 and 6 on this list (in reverse chronological order) were the completed ones? The others are either obviously incomplete or dramatically shorter. If my guess is right, then I’ve already pulled those replays.

chrome_2018-03-17_08-57-49

I can certainly do that if you’re okay with it.