Qt3 Pre-Super Tuesday Poll - Closes at 4 pm EST Mar 2nd

Who do you think people voting on Super Tuesday should make their mark for?

• Bernie Sanders
  • Joe Biden
  • Michael Bloomberg
  • Elizabeth Warren
  • Pete Buttigieg
  • Amy Klobuchar
  • Tom Steyer
  • Donald Trump
  • Bill Weld
  • This is fine dog

0 voters

I wonder how this will all turn out.

Badly, I would expect…

On the forum or in real life?

Oh absolutely.

IRL, of course!

Based on the available data and considering how many delegates are at stake on Super Tuesday, it seems to me that the only way to prevent a runaway Bernie victory in the nomination is to back the strongest non-Bernie in the race. That’s Biden, based on the numbers, regardless of how I feel about it.

It’s more complicated than that, since the math comes down pretty much purely on the 15% viability threshold. Right now, Bernie’s edge is coming from him being comfortably above the viability threshold basically everywhere, while in each state a different group of people are hover somewhere near it.

In places like California, you might well have a disaster with Bernie getting 100% of the delegates with 35% of the vote. (Well, a bit more complicated than that in practice, since the viability isn’t determined purely at the state level.)

So what the anyone-but-bernie crowd need to be optimizing for is to minimize the number of votes wasted on non-viable candidates. Those votes aren’t just wasted, they’re actually outright improving Bernie’s position. So what you’d really want is the vote to coalesce behind the 1-2 strongest candidates in that area. Voting for Klobuchar in most states? Insane. But voting for her in Minnesota? That’s probably the smart play.

(And yeah, Bernie has Bloomberg to thank for how perfectly the delegate math seems to be playing out.)

Where the hell is Tulsi/Shitbonerz?

Any vote for no one or for unlisted candidates is a vote for This is fine dog, in my view.

Warren would be the one I trust to deal best with any crisis, especially the inevitable economic downturn.

Marianne Williamson could heal us with her crystals.

I’ve hoarded Goop vagina rocks just in case.

Yes but whose?

Don’t ask, don’t tell!

Guess I have to change my vote.

I wonder if there is such as thing as a Pete or bust voter?

We have one of those at work.

He is Pete, Yang, or bust.

I saw a pundit on MSNBC the other night. He said, don’t think like a pundit. In the primary, vote with your heart. In the general, vote with your brain.

Results in 3 hours, according to the poll!

I switched my vote off of Pete.