Qt3 QTtheHIll Dominions Disciples game thread

Thank Pyrhic.

The Pairika was one of two running around. I did get off one seduction attempt on commander of yours, but that was it. Scary, but too little, too late. And yeah, she would have been fine at killing most non-magical enemies, but I don’t think water elementals have a heart :( And she spent her time casting spells, I failed to script.

Thanks Pyrhic.

One of the things I love about Dominions is all the options. In that last battle, I had no idea you had the artifact ship, so I did not plan for a full on troll army showing up. I expected some thugs, and maybe some chaff. So that is why you did not get any earthquake spells ( I dont think I had Mass Flight yet).

The giant eagles were a bit of a compromise. Summoned with an A9 pretender wearing an air helm, they were very cheap, and very useful bringing down walls. The asapras and other sacred melee guys were supposed to be my main troops, but my astral income was not high, and went to other things as well.

Also, blade wind is what the earth casters defaulted too once they ran off script. It was perhaps the most useless spell they could have cast…

This battle was just the gatestone, and all troops came with Lugh on that. He had great natural leadership (can command 4 or 5 squads) and when i put the helm of perfection on him(+3 morale) he became the perfect chassis for armies using the gatestone(i think he could lead 300 and change)

I did have the ship too, but i was using it in lanka, and in this turn to help surround Machaka. Since it’s considered a conventional move, you can’t link it with the gatestone. I like the artifact a lot, but it’s a lot more limited than the gatestone…more as a means of transporting slow moving troops quickly, or leap-frogging troublesome provinces.

And i love the great eagles - huge patrol bonus, flight, and wall breaking make them excellent troops - but ill suited to this particular battle.

Strato, ya, i wondered if that was what seduced my mounted commander. Kinda a funny exchange there, he went - but was intercepted later in the round resolution by a sidhe or two and he got killed. It was actually a little annoying since he had the only stone sphere i had at that point and just that round i had enough leeway to craft another (i think only my pretender had ES pathing) so i finally had two…and then you took it(and it was never recovered after he died)…